License is taken

Forums: License is taken
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

License is taken

Postby coilbook » Thu May 07, 2020 3:11 am

coilbook Thu May 07, 2020 3:11 am
Hi Paride,
we've been getting strange license bugs.
We have two slaves server 1 and server 2.

One time server 2 rebooted itself and we got signed out from octane. When we signed in it said you dont have any free licenses available even though online it shows server 2 is already signed in and using the license so we had to manually unlock it.

One time server 2 had a message your license is deactivated and when we went online server 1 was using 2 licenses. Strange bugs. So we had to manually unlock. Now we have 2 unlocks left. How do we remotely unlock?

Thanks
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: License is taken

Postby paride4331 » Thu May 07, 2020 8:06 am

paride4331 Thu May 07, 2020 8:06 am
Hi coilbook,
The issue you reported could be caused bye a crash, any issue with internet connection or Windows update.
In this case you can Unlock your license pressing Unlock button in your license page next to your licenses and this will release your license.
Be sure to unlock both the Octane plugin and your Octane standalone license.
The Unlocks are intended for emergency use only e.g. if your computer has malfunctioned or has ceased working and you are no longer able to access the keys that it has used.
This last resort ultimately allows your keys to be reused, provided that the keys in question are actually not in active use.
Eventually you could try making a manual sign-out Octane from the current machine before closing the application.
For more information about the difference between Exiting (or closing the application) and actually signing-out please consult: (https://docs.otoy.com/StandaloneH_STA/S ... Access.htm)
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Bug Reports