Particles dont work

Forums: Particles dont work
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

Particles dont work

Postby coilbook » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:10 pm

coilbook Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:10 pm
Hi Paride,
here is the scene. Super spray is not updating during rendering and it has no motion blur.. Thanks
Attachments
spray.zip
(31.63 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Particles dont work

Postby neonZorglub » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:57 pm

neonZorglub Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:57 pm
coilbook wrote:Hi Paride,
here is the scene. Super spray is not updating during rendering and it has no motion blur.. Thanks

Hi Coilbook,

Thanks for reporting those issues and for the scene.
-For the missing update, you need to set Particle Update Type to Always in Support tab / Standard particles, when using the normal rendering.
(sorry about that, it should be automatically updated in this case, that will be fixed in the next versions)
-For the motion blur, it works for your scene but somehow some settings like the particle speed or scene scale makes it very small..
You can see it better by setting the Motion blur duration to 7 for example, instead of 1..

Thanks
neonZorglub
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Bug Reports