octane is not rendering fire when second objects emits smoke

Forums: octane is not rendering fire when second objects emits smoke
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

octane is not rendering fire when second objects emits smoke

Postby coilbook » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:06 am

coilbook Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:06 am
Hi Paride,
I have two spheres one creates smoke and the other one fire only (smoke channel is off).

For some reason when I have fire only and smoke is off octane wont render fire at all.
The only way it will render fire only if smoke in the output rollout is disabled but then how can I get the second sphere to render smoke.
my goal is one sphere creates fire only and 0 smoke and the other sphere only smoke.
Can they fix it?

The scene is attached
Thanks
Attachments
smoke ddd.jpg
smoke fire bug.zip
(15.94 MiB) Downloaded 171 times
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: octane is not rendering fire when second objects emits smoke

Postby paride4331 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:04 pm

paride4331 Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:04 pm
Hi coilbook,
I sent my test to developers.
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby coilbook » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:45 pm

coilbook Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:45 pm
paride4331 wrote:Hi coilbook,
I sent my test to developers.
Regards
Paride

Thank you
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby neonZorglub » Thu May 02, 2019 3:32 am

neonZorglub Thu May 02, 2019 3:32 am
Hi coilbook,

Multiple sources works fine, what matter are the resulting channels in the volume.
Each channel can be created from different sources, Octane do not know or check.

To investigate such problem, it's better to enable only 1 channel and disable everything else.
So first, in the Octane Volume modifer, disable the Absorption channel and the Scatter channel.
As we can see in the Phoenix simulation window, the temperature has values from 300 to 2000.
For the emission ramp, volume ramp texture : set the Max. grid value to 2000.
Then it's more easy to adjust the other values (power, scales..) to see the fire.
Do the same to see the smoke only in the scatter channel, by disableling the emission.
Note that the smoke has values from 0 to 1, so set the Max. grid value to 1..
Then both should be visible, as in the attache scene.

It seems that setting the Absorption to Smoke and emission to temperature makes the emission disappear, so keep the Absorption disabled..
I will check if that's a bug, and try to fix the orbx export that doesn't works correctly for this case..

I hope that helps,
Regards

smoke_fire03_mx16.zip
(196.55 KiB) Downloaded 193 times

smoke_fire03.png
neonZorglub
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby coilbook » Thu May 02, 2019 12:24 pm

coilbook Thu May 02, 2019 12:24 pm
neonZorglub wrote:Hi coilbook,

Multiple sources works fine, what matter are the resulting channels in the volume.
Each channel can be created from different sources, Octane do not know or check.

To investigate such problem, it's better to enable only 1 channel and disable everything else.
So first, in the Octane Volume modifer, disable the Absorption channel and the Scatter channel.
As we can see in the Phoenix simulation window, the temperature has values from 300 to 2000.
For the emission ramp, volume ramp texture : set the Max. grid value to 2000.
Then it's more easy to adjust the other values (power, scales..) to see the fire.
Do the same to see the smoke only in the scatter channel, by disableling the emission.
Note that the smoke has values from 0 to 1, so set the Max. grid value to 1..
Then both should be visible, as in the attache scene.

It seems that setting the Absorption to Smoke and emission to temperature makes the emission disappear, so keep the Absorption disabled..
I will check if that's a bug, and try to fix the orbx export that doesn't works correctly for this case..

I hope that helps,
Regards

smoke_fire03_mx16.zip

smoke_fire03.png

Thanks. I think it is the bug. In vray you can just make one sphere emit temperature only without any smoke and make another sphere emit smoke only. I know it is their software but hopefully it can be fixed.

Also are you planning to introduce RGB support for mixing smokes and liquids of different colors?
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports