Moving itoo forest object has no mb

Forums: Moving itoo forest object has no mb
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

Moving itoo forest object has no mb

Postby coilbook » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:06 am

coilbook Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:06 am
Hi This problem was since version 2

I scattered itoo cars onto moving platforms. The problem is itoo mesh has no mb when it moves. We emailed itoo they said otoy smut add motion blur. Is it possible to have mb for moving itoo meshes?

Can you fix this bug?

Since 3ds max instances are so slow with octane itoo on the other hand is very fast but now we have no motion blur. It's always one thing or another.

Thank you

maybe otoy cannot have 3rd party support but itoo is a very popular plugin. Is there anyway to have mb work for it. After all it loads actual mesh during rendering.

Old post about it viewtopic.php?f=81&t=43496&p=212972&hilit=itoo+forest+no+motion+blur#p212972
Attachments
itoo mb.png
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Moving itoo forest object has no mb

Postby coilbook » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:31 pm

coilbook Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:31 pm
This is itoo reply:

Too Software - Technical Support

Motion blur works on some cases and in some cases- not. It depends how do You make items move?
The Best motion blur can be achieved using particles. I am not expert in Octane but managed to make some motion blur with pflow and Octane:

So you can have MB with pflow. I think there is a way for otoy to have MB with itoo objects. Hopefully you can make it happen. Thanks
Attachments
unnamed.png
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports