Phoenix still not loading when rendering starts with emty si

Forums: Phoenix still not loading when rendering starts with emty si
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

Phoenix still not loading when rendering starts with emty si

Postby coilbook » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:01 pm

coilbook Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:01 pm
Hi There is still a bug where if I start rendering with phoenix empty sim and later sim gets loaded octane wont recognize it anymore and wont render phoenix.

This is the thread where I reported it long time ago: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=68288

"1. if my phoenix sim starts at frame 100 and I start rendering at frame 90 once it reaches 100 and above no phoenix smoke is loaded and rendered.
The only way for octane to render smoke sequence is to start rendering at frame 100 or above. Not sure why octane is not seeing phoenix "

This was fix for ver 3 for octane to detect the presence of Phoenix empty grids . But I guess in version 4 they dont have it???

Changes of the 6.03 version, from 6.02

Added calls to PheonixFD frame pre and post update functions (3.10), so that updates will work even if broadcast of standard notifications is disabled.
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports