Phoenix 3.05 stopped to work with octane

Forums: Phoenix 3.05 stopped to work with octane
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

Re: Phoenix 3.05 stopped to work with octane

Postby Norman_Stansfield » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:57 pm

Norman_Stansfield Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:57 pm
Hey, still no luck? I am sticking to an older Phoenix because of this...
Norman_Stansfield
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Phoenix 3.05 stopped to work with octane

Postby coilbook » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:58 pm

coilbook Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:58 pm
Hi Any news about 4.45 version that works with new phoenix?

Sometimes it seems there is only one person working at Otoy. Version 3.0 came out in spring 2016 it is going to be 2 years since its release we yet to see version 3.1 I am not even talking about 4.0

Thanks

"OctaneRender 4.0: due in 2017 with Brigade integration
Finally, in OctaneRender 4.0, Otoy will integrate the real-time path tracing technology used in Brigade, the firm’s work-in-progress rendering engine for videogames, into Octane itself.

According to Otoy, OctaneRender 4.0 will integrate all of Brigade’s existing features, promising “OctaneRender’s cinematic final-frame quality [with] Brigade’s speed”.

The functionality will be supported in all of Otoy’s plugins, including the final releases of the upcoming MotionBuilder, Unity and Unreal Engine plugins.

Using the OctaneEngine API, content creators will also be able to produce “completely interactive, photorealistic third-party game engines”.

Otoy says that it is planning backends for mobile, console and VR platforms, specifically citing iOS, Android/Vulkan and PlayStation VR as examples.

OctaneRender 4.0 is due “in 2017”, but as you might expect, there aren’t any other details yet. "
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Bug Reports