when will be scene loading fixed in 3ds max?

Forums: when will be scene loading fixed in 3ds max?
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

when will be scene loading fixed in 3ds max?

Postby coilbook » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:59 am

coilbook Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:59 am
here is the article viewtopic.php?f=24&t=57474
We are wasting 40-50% of our precious render time just to load a scene!

when will it be fixed?

"This feature you describe is only implemented in Maya and Blender plugins. It is just not implemented in 3ds Max plugin. So, there is no way in current versions of 3ds Max plugin to fine-tune which meshes and how exactly they are reloaded/not-reloaded between frames during batch animation rendering. This is the root of coilbook's problem...
Here is this feature explained for Maya plugin: https://docs.otoy.com/manuals/products/ ... try-types/
Here is for Blender: https://docs.otoy.com/manuals/products/ ... try-types/"

THANK YOU ! !!!
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: when will be scene loading fixed in 3ds max?

Postby coilbook » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:08 am

coilbook Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:08 am
we just did another scene with lots of itoo forests. Slaves kick in when master is almost done. It takes 2 min and 30 sec and slaves kick in at 2 min and 5 sec. So it takes 4 slaves over 2 min to load every frame by the time they are done loading master did its job but slow. When we open octane view port and scrub time slider manually it only takes 37 seconds to render almost instantly it updates. it is unaccetable for animation rendering where every seconds counts. We spend 60-70% just to load the scene every frame. Please advise on the fix
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports