Cant make octane volume to work in 3dsmax

Forums: Cant make octane volume to work in 3dsmax
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

Cant make octane volume to work in 3dsmax

Postby Norman_Stansfield » Wed May 18, 2016 9:48 am

Norman_Stansfield Wed May 18, 2016 9:48 am
I am not sure if this is a bug, but is there anybody who made octane volume working inside 3dsmax?
I've tried to convert fume fx to vdb's via stoke, or krakatoa prt to vdbs via stoke, or load some example vdbs and nothing appears in renderer. Is there any channels name template in octane volume object that has to be imprinted into imported vdbs? How can I know what to enter in field Channel ID's if I don't know the channels names in example vdb files downloaded from otoy website?

Please help,
it is important
Norman_Stansfield
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Cant make octane volume to work in 3dsmax

Postby azen » Thu May 19, 2016 1:10 am

azen Thu May 19, 2016 1:10 am
Hi,

Refer to this forum post for more information https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=53725

It is possible to get VDB working in the latest version of the 3ds Max plugin. If the post I have linked to you to does not apply to your situation. Please let me know so we can go into further detail about your issue.

Cheers,
Azen
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Norman_Stansfield » Thu May 19, 2016 9:28 am

Norman_Stansfield Thu May 19, 2016 9:28 am
azen wrote:Hi,

Refer to this forum post for more information https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=53725

It is possible to get VDB working in the latest version of the 3ds Max plugin. If the post I have linked to you to does not apply to your situation. Please let me know so we can go into further detail about your issue.

Cheers,
Azen

Hi, azen, it helped but I've gave some my input there as from end user (artist) point of view. Check these in the post you've just gave above.
Thanks a lot
happy customer
Norman_Stansfield
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby azen » Thu May 19, 2016 10:09 pm

azen Thu May 19, 2016 10:09 pm
Hi,

Thank you for that! I hope you enjoy seeing the volumetric support move from strength to strength going forward.

Cheers,
Azen
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Bug Reports