Strange problem with bottle scene

Forums: Strange problem with bottle scene
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

Strange problem with bottle scene

Postby [email protected] » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:28 pm

[email protected] Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:28 pm
Hi, I've spent 2 days trying to figure out what is going on.

So, I was doing a beer bottle, about 15 different projects. All was going well, I was rendering them day by day, and a few days after I finished my renderings, I wanted to do a slight adjustment to my bottles... and when I opened my max scene, the whole lighting setup changed, nothing is moved or edited in the scene, so basically one day all was working fine, and a few days after chaos...

I installed 2.21.1 version in the mean time, but I can't remember I noticed this change than, I tried to install earlier versions of Octane for max (2.20 and 2.16 - project was done in 2.20 in the start), but all have the same problem, I tried to open up scene on different computer, it's still screwed there.

I'm using hdri map in scene, and background planes with difuse material with texture map on em. It looks to me like my planes in the background are kinda over exposed or something... so light ones are turbo bright, and a plane that gives shadow is ultra black...

I wouldn't contact you here if 1 file is messed up, but all 15 of my bottle projects are messed up...

I also noticed that materials without refraction, have normal light, so just Specular is showing strange results...

I attached an image of how bottle looked before and after, and how my max scene looks (4 planes in the back, and hdri lighting the front).

Please help, I'm clueless!
Attachments
boce.jpg
Windows 10 64bit, Intel i5, 32gb Ram, 2x nvidia 1080ti, Driver: 390.77
[email protected]
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Strange problem with bottle scene

Postby sadece » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:48 pm

sadece Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:48 pm
at first glace it seemed like "Env. Color" issue. In C4d we had similar confusions between two versions. It was "black" in a version as default while "white" in an other.
http://www.sadece.com.tr
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 990x // 12GB Ram // 2x Titan X + Titan + 780 // Octane for C4D // Win7 x64
sadece
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Strange problem with bottle scene

Postby [email protected] » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:03 pm

[email protected] Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:03 pm
In my enviroment slot I have Texture enviroment, so it's basic color is ignored in this case
Windows 10 64bit, Intel i5, 32gb Ram, 2x nvidia 1080ti, Driver: 390.77
[email protected]
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports