have to check MOVABLE PROXY to see motion blur/iToo forest

Forums: have to check MOVABLE PROXY to see motion blur/iToo forest
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

have to check MOVABLE PROXY to see motion blur/iToo forest

Postby coilbook » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:25 pm

coilbook Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:25 pm
Hi Karba
Not sure if these are bugs:

1. I have to check movable proxy or vertex motion blur to see motion blur in octane preview or rendering
I think before when just object motion blur was checked (it is check by default for all objects) i could see motion blur

2. iToo forest. Please see image attached I have trees on this round plate that spins with the trees. The plate does have motion blur but trees do not. I even checked movable proxy, vertex motion blur for all trees including 2 main trees that are used as a reference.

3. also i think moveable is misspelled

Thanks
Attachments
itoo_forest.jpg
octane prop.jpg
octane prop.jpg (53.39 KiB) Viewed 2580 times
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: have to check MOVABLE PROXY to see motion blur/iToo forest

Postby Karba » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:48 am

Karba Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:48 am
coilbook wrote:Hi Karba

1. I have to check movable proxy or vertex motion blur to see motion blur in octane preview or rendering
I think before when just object motion blur was checked (it is check by default for all objects) i could see motion blur

2. iToo forest. Please see image attached I have trees on this round plate that spins with the trees. The plate does have motion blur but trees do not. I even checked movable proxy, vertex motion blur for all trees including 2 main trees that are used as a reference.

Thanks

forestpack and mutliscatter are 3rd party plugins. There is no way to make full support of them.
Karba
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby suvakas » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:28 am

suvakas Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:28 am
If there is no additional camera animation, then you could rotate camera instead and use camera motion blur.

Suv
suvakas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:42 pm

coilbook Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:42 pm
Karba wrote:

Thanks

forestpack and mutliscatter are 3rd party plugins. There is no way to make full support of them.

Thanks Karba
What about checking movable proxy for regular objects to see motion blur Is it a bug?

"1. I have to check movable proxy or vertex motion blur to see motion blur in octane preview or rendering
I think before when just object motion blur was checked (it is check by default for all objects) i could see motion blur "
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Karba » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:40 am

Karba Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:40 am
coilbook wrote:
Karba wrote:

Thanks

Thanks Karba
What about checking movable proxy for regular objects to see motion blur Is it a bug?

"1. I have to check movable proxy or vertex motion blur to see motion blur in octane preview or rendering
I think before when just object motion blur was checked (it is check by default for all objects) i could see motion blur "

If you don't want to use movable proxy, but want to have motion blur - you have to use vertex motion blur option.
Karba
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Bug Reports