Linked vdb volumes won't update

Forums: Linked vdb volumes won't update
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

Linked vdb volumes won't update

Postby coilbook » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:40 pm

coilbook Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:40 pm
This is a repost jun in case. Please fix it. We cannot render.

"Now version 13.13 and up will not update vdb even though it set as octane proxy

This is what you fixed in the version 13.13 "Fixed Octane Volume unnecessary updates when changing the node transform"

i wonder this is the reason now linked volumes wont update now. Can you return it back to how it was or update during rendering at least."
Attachments
vdb update.zip
(16.91 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
1312.jpg
vdb.jpg
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Linked vdb volumes won't update

Postby neonZorglub » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:24 pm

neonZorglub Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:24 pm
coilbook wrote:This is a repost jun in case. Please fix it. We cannot render.

"Now version 13.13 and up will not update vdb even though it set as octane proxy

This is what you fixed in the version 13.13 "Fixed Octane Volume unnecessary updates when changing the node transform"

i wonder this is the reason now linked volumes wont update now. Can you return it back to how it was or update during rendering at least."

Hi coilbook,
This was indeed part of the optimization to improve the point display in max viewport, with a bad side effect, sorry about this.
This will be fixed in the next release.
Thanks for the sample!
neonZorglub
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Linked vdb volumes won't update

Postby coilbook » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:14 pm

coilbook Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:14 pm
neonZorglub wrote:
coilbook wrote:This is a repost jun in case. Please fix it. We cannot render.

Hi coilbook,
This was indeed part of the optimization to improve the point display in max viewport, with a bad side effect, sorry about this.
This will be fixed in the next release.
Thanks for the sample!

Thank you.
Can you please look into itoo and limited view through camera not updating. HEre are itoo forum posts. They say it works but you can clearly see that sometimes limited view is not updating with octane. I think you have to login in itoo to see images. Not sure if clipping settings are wrong in itoo tab Thank you
https://forum.itoosoft.com/forest-pro-(*)/limited-to-camera-view/
https://forum.itoosoft.com/forest-pro-(*)/camera-is-not-updating/
Attachments
clipping.jpg
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports