OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2019.1.4 - 8.13

Forums: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2019.1.4 - 8.13
Sub forum for plugin releases
Forum rules
Any bugs related to this plugin should be reported to the Bug Reports sub-forum.
Bugs related to Octane itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2019.1.4 - 8.13

Postby coilbook » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:53 am

coilbook Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:53 am
paride4331 wrote:Hi coilbook,
didi you check "old volume behavior" option in Kernel panel?
Regards
Paride

I unchecked it because new volume renders faster but I dont want smoke to be black
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2019.1.4 - 8.13

Postby paride4331 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:38 am

paride4331 Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:38 am
Hi coilbook,
Emulate Old Volume Behavior option is for previous scenes with Volume geometry that have been set up using the former volume rendering system in earlier versions of OctaneRender.
When enabled, older scenes built with earlier versions render using the former volume rendering system.
When disabled, Octanerender will render volumes using the new volume rendering system, and any pre-existing volumes need to be set up again in order to render correctly.
Regards
Paride
Win 7 / i7 5930 - 32gb / 1 x quadro K620 / 2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid
User avatar
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 2826
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:19 am

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2019.1.4 - 8.13

Postby coilbook » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:10 pm

coilbook Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:10 pm
paride4331 wrote:Hi coilbook,
Emulate Old Volume Behavior option is for previous scenes with Volume geometry that have been set up using the former volume rendering system in earlier versions of OctaneRender.
When enabled, older scenes built with earlier versions render using the former volume rendering system.
When disabled, Octanerender will render volumes using the new volume rendering system, and any pre-existing volumes need to be set up again in order to render correctly.
Regards
Paride

Well. These are new volumes we simulated and rendered using the latest phoenix. So for some reason octane renders smoke too dark. Light just gets absorbed too fast. Can they look into it. That picture I showed you of dark smoke is a new scene with a new volume

Thanks
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2019.1.4 - 8.13

Postby paride4331 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:18 pm

paride4331 Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:18 pm
Hi coilbook,
I suppose SDK boys would meant make a new volume medium node setting.
Regards
Paride
Win 7 / i7 5930 - 32gb / 1 x quadro K620 / 2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid
User avatar
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 2826
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:19 am

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2019.1.4 - 8.13

Postby coilbook » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:49 am

coilbook Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:49 am
Two more bugs:

1. Every time octane viewport is opened for the first time you can see black triangles on terrain terrain with displacement. After reopening it it works.

2. This bug was with octane for years. When you use regular 3ds max damper or spring and enable motion blur and movable proxy octane viewport wont render and will go back to 0. Scene is attached
Attachments
bug.jpg
mb bug pic.jpg
mb bug.zip
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2019.1.4 - 8.13

Postby paride4331 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:42 am

paride4331 Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:42 am
coilbook wrote:Two more bugs:

1. Every time octane viewport is opened for the first time you can see black triangles on terrain terrain with displacement. After reopening it it works.

2. This bug was with octane for years. When you use regular 3ds max damper or spring and enable motion blur and movable proxy octane viewport wont render and will go back to 0. Scene is attached



Hi coilbook,
sent damper issue to developers bug tracker.
Regards
Paride
Win 7 / i7 5930 - 32gb / 1 x quadro K620 / 2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid
User avatar
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 2826
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:19 am

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2019.1.4 - 8.13

Postby coilbook » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:20 pm

coilbook Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:20 pm
Hi Paride,
the bug with no motion blur at all using standard camera is still not fixed. Sometimes you dont have mb until you switch to perspective view and then back to camera
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2019.1.4 - 8.13

Postby coilbook » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:04 am

coilbook Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:04 am
Another bug.
When volume intersects terrain you get artifacts when new volume behavior is on
And smoke quality is dark and way worse
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2019.1.4 - 8.13

Postby coilbook » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:35 am

coilbook Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:35 am
paride4331 wrote:
coilbook wrote:Two more bugs:

1. Every time octane viewport is opened for the first time you can see black triangles on terrain terrain with displacement. After reopening it it works.

2. This bug was with octane for years. When you use regular 3ds max damper or spring and enable motion blur and movable proxy octane viewport wont render and will go back to 0. Scene is attached



Hi coilbook,
sent damper issue to developers bug tracker.
Regards
Paride



can you please tell them when damper moves without deforming with movable proxy and mb on you get no motion blur.. You have to have vertex mb on too
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2019.1.4 - 8.13

Postby paride4331 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:26 pm

paride4331 Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:26 pm
Hi coilbook,
yes I checked it yesterday too.
Regards
Paride
Win 7 / i7 5930 - 32gb / 1 x quadro K620 / 2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid
User avatar
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 2826
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:19 am
PreviousNext

Return to Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:29 pm [ UTC ]