OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2018.1 - 7.05

Forums: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2018.1 - 7.05
Sub forum for plugin releases
Forum rules
Any bugs related to this plugin should be reported to the Bug Reports sub-forum.
Bugs related to Octane itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2018.1 - 7.05

Postby mbetke » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:43 am

mbetke Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:43 am
could you share a clip reproducing your issue?

Strange. Today I wasn't able to reproduce it anymore with a fresh scene and jut a plane and box. I will keep an eye on it.
PURE3D Visualisierungen
Sys: Intel Core i9-12900K, 128GB RAM, 2x 4090 RTX, Windows 11 Pro x64, 3ds Max 2024.2
mbetke
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby acc24ex » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:04 pm

acc24ex Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:04 pm
neonZorglub wrote:
acc24ex wrote:BTW how do we get the old behavior, when I set as movable proxy I do want it to popup in place, I usually create new objects this way - so the old behaviour is part of my workflow actually..

Hi acc24ex,
Make sure you have 'Re-use last properties for new node' enabled in Global preferences / Main Settings,
and also you need to keep the Octane object properties dialog open. (that won't be needed in the next release..)

Set one new object as Movable proxy. The next created objects will have the same movable proxy state..

(Note that there seems to be a crash if Quick mode is enabled, AND you cancel the creation of a new object (eg for a cube, with a short click in the viewport, instead of dragging to draw the base of the cube) That will be fixed in the next release, so avoid the Quick mode while creating object if that happens..)

.. oh yeah, I've been setting as movable proxy via a script, OK.. now it works, and every new object pops up as movable proxy wehn octane properties open, I acutally prefer that behaviour, I know it's supposed to to render faster, but I prefer everything moveable, I actually do model stuff with render window open, it help me both to set up materials and model.. got very much used to it

BTW still got loads of stuff that don't work when you click "show on render" only - so it can be low res in viewport and hi res in render on render viewport / if it's not on the viewport it doesn't render ..
- is that ever going to change? like the example with the tyflow - the mesher works only when you unccheck the "render only" mesh generation, so you have to force it to show in max viewport, same with frost and bunch of stuff
[size=85]3dmax, zbrush, UE
//Behance profile //BOONAR
//Octane render toolbox 3dsmax
acc24ex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby neonZorglub » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:35 am

neonZorglub Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:35 am
acc24ex wrote:BTW still got loads of stuff that don't work when you click "show on render" only - so it can be low res in viewport and hi res in render on render viewport / if it's not on the viewport it doesn't render ..
- is that ever going to change? like the example with the tyflow - the mesher works only when you unccheck the "render only" mesh generation, so you have to force it to show in max viewport, same with frost and bunch of stuff

-for geometry that can have 2 types of render (lower res / lower percent for viewport / full for 'render' mode), the option in Kernel / Render settings 'Notify objects on render' should be set to 'Per object' , and in Octane object properties, the 'Use render mode' let you choose 'render' or 'viewport' mode ..
Note that setting All objects, would work and avoid having to setup each object, but that would reduce performance.

-plugins generating geometry usually have a 'mesh' mode, that should make it renderable with any renderer, like Octane and even scaneLine.
That is not very efficient or flexible, so there are also other modes, to access the geometry in a custom way, but that requires special development from the renderer side, using the detailed knowledge of data via the other plugin sdk when available. Adding and improving this kind of support for more plugins is our goal, but takes some time..
neonZorglub
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby acc24ex » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:51 am

acc24ex Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:51 am
neonZorglub wrote:
acc24ex wrote:BTW still got loads of stuff that don't work when you click "show on render" only - so it can be low res in viewport and hi res in render on render viewport / if it's not on the viewport it doesn't render ..

-for geometry that can have 2 types of render (lower res / lower percent for viewport / full for 'render' mode), the option in Kernel / Render settings 'Notify objects on render' should be set to 'Per object' , and in Octane object properties, the 'Use render mode' let you choose 'render' or 'viewport' mode ..
Note that setting All objects, would work and avoid having to setup each object, but that would reduce performance.

-plugins generating geometry usually have a 'mesh' mode, that should make it renderable with any renderer, like Octane and even scaneLine.
That is not very efficient or flexible, so there are also other modes, to access the geometry in a custom way, but that requires special development from the renderer side, using the detailed knowledge of data via the other plugin sdk when available. Adding and improving this kind of support for more plugins is our goal, but takes some time..

Guys - OK, I get it.. you got it covered - but I didn't know this button did that, for however long it was there, years, monts? I don't know, and I was really frustrated with that thing.. I don't care about how it performs, I want it running first, then decide if I want the performance - I'd rather have stuff working first than working 100%
- the naming scheme is abysmal - same with texture compression - I had no idea it was under .. I forgot what again, and I clicked every setting - please make this crap user friendly - now I know, but I bet 99% of other users still have no idea how to activate it ..
[size=85]3dmax, zbrush, UE
//Behance profile //BOONAR
//Octane render toolbox 3dsmax
acc24ex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mbetke » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:02 am

mbetke Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:02 am
Sometimes when I select all object with CTRL+A and open Octane Properties it is all empty and can't be closed with the "X". But I can resize it. Only a restart of the program helps.
Happens random.
Attachments
Unbenannt-1.jpg
PURE3D Visualisierungen
Sys: Intel Core i9-12900K, 128GB RAM, 2x 4090 RTX, Windows 11 Pro x64, 3ds Max 2024.2
mbetke
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Rik » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:44 am

Rik Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:44 am
Where is the download for non subscription customers?
Rik
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paride4331 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:27 pm

paride4331 Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:27 pm
Rik wrote:Where is the download for non subscription customers?

Hi Rik,
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloads/plugins/39/95/f5/60/OctaneRender_Enterprise_for_3ds_Max_2018.1_-_7.05.exe
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby Rik » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:38 pm

Rik Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:38 pm
Thanks Paride.

I believe I have 2 non subscription(perpetual?) licences, 1 for standalone and 1 for 3ds max.

Will these licences have releases going forward or am I stuck at v4/ v2018.1 - 7.05

Sorry, but I'm confused as to what's happening with licences/enterprise/subscriptions/buy/rent/ RTX support/number of GPUs...
Rik
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paride4331 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:35 am

paride4331 Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:35 am
Rik wrote:Thanks Paride.

I believe I have 2 non subscription(perpetual?) licences, 1 for standalone and 1 for 3ds max.

Will these licences have releases going forward or am I stuck at v4/ v2018.1 - 7.05

Sorry, but I'm confused as to what's happening with licences/enterprise/subscriptions/buy/rent/ RTX support/number of GPUs...

Hi Rik,
if your license is a perpetual combo license (Octane SA + Octane for 3dsMax V4), then to use Octane V2018.x and above you would purchase [OctaneRender All-Access Extension $199 (1 Year) - $399 (2 years)](https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/)
Octane 'All-Access' Enterprise subscription plans, beginning in Q1 2019, can access multiple DCC plugins from OctaneRender Studio - including Maya, AutoCAD, Revit, Houdini, Blender, 3ds Max, After Effects, Nuke, Unity, and soon, Unreal Engine.
For perpetual licence/enterprise customers, All-Access plans further grant a secondary render slave node plus access to the ORC cloud rendering service.
Get continuous access to all future updates and new features beyond OctaneRender 4, including NVLink (available in Octane 2018.1 - XB1) and full Vulkan-RTX hardware acceleration on Turing GPUs coming in Octane 2019.
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby Rik » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:14 am

Rik Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:14 am
Thanks Paride
Guessing/hoping you meant to send me to the upgrade page rather than purchase?
Sorry for all these questions but need to be certain of any new ongoing costs, especially if they're going up in future years.

So the upgrade page seems to offer 2 options;

OctaneRender® Enterprise All-Access Annual Extension
and
Upgrade OctaneRender 3™ licenses to OctaneRender 4™ and Octane All-Access

1) What’s the difference between them as they appear to be same price?

2) Do both options have Vectron?

3) Do both options have NVLink and RTX core support

4) How many GPUs do each version allow?

5) Do we keep them after the 1 or 2 years extension or revert back to v4, thus losing support for the new features and ability to use scenes created during the paid extension period.

6) Do we pay to upgrade just our standalone versions – changing them to ‘all access’ version?
Feel like I’d be paying for access to a lot of plugins I’ve never and will never use. Is there not a discount for only needing 1 plugin?

7) Also, I have no need for Render Slaves or ORC, is there an Octane Lite?

8)How much will another extension be after 1 and 2 years? Is there any advantage to a 2 year extension like maybe avoiding a price hike?

Thanks in advance...
Rik
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Releases