OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v4.00-RC2 - 6.05 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v4.00-RC2 - 6.05 [OBSOLETE]
Sub forum for plugin releases
Forum rules
Any bugs related to this plugin should be reported to the Bug Reports sub-forum.
Bugs related to Octane itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v4.00-RC2 - 6.05 [TEST]

Postby coilbook » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:51 pm

coilbook Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:51 pm
HI Paride,
could you please tell me where to find Volumetric AI Denoiser? Regular denoiser is not denoising volumes.
Attachments
volume denoiser.jpg
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby justix » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:47 pm

justix Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:47 pm
paride4331 wrote:Hi Justix,
I did some tests.
in my case denoise limit is 5198x5198 using 472.1 MB scene; hipoly scenes do not change denoise result, so I suppose this issue does not depend on your Vram limit graphics cards.
Same thing happens using SA.
I will send my test to developers.
Instance mirror > did you do: clone > instance > Mirror?
I did that but no issue I had with instance and mirror.
Regards
Paride

Well..I'm actually concerned about something I think weird between Version used OR my card having problems? , I think there is a big issue with the COPY/MIRROR/Istance ( and that goes for the XB3 6.03 which is still the one that gave me no issue UNTIL using the Copy ). What I did:

Open The file and Merge the big bathtube reaching that 3 gigabyte mem used and about 9. something million Primitives.. the RC2 was slow in evaluating and SLight unresponsive BUT id did render ( which is not the problem ) and after a good while it Denoised without Crash BUT I did notice that anytime it does reach the Samples set for the render and you switch for the denoise it saves automatically and I think that does interfere with it making it unstable..

Then I re opened the file in the XB3 6.03 and Copied a big geometry.. Crashed

Then again I did merge the same object in hi Poly and reached as far as 12 millions primitives BUT as soon as I reach 3gb Vram it gives me no Vram available for denoise and GPU fail?? ??? is there any script or test I can do to actually see what is going on?

I managed to scatter ( copying ) a 1. million smething object and I reached as far as 3.3/4 Vram used but then ..weird..I can pass the file to you and try to rise the number of scatering ( native 3dsmax ) or if you have a test file in hi Poly number I can test that should go with a 8Gb ram card?

edit: Best test I could made, see the attachment Viewport and overall unresponsive system with HUGE lags..not crashing but near.. ONE THING..see the max samples set at 200? the render did not stop and kept running? surely is not working as expected..especially the out of core..slow .actually can we know how slow should it go comapre to normal VRAM?

unresponsive.jpg
Win 7 64 | 2 X MSI AERO GtX 1070| Intel I7-6850K| 32 GB DDR4 RAM | Asus X99 II-A
justix
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby neonZorglub » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:54 pm

neonZorglub Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:54 pm
coilbook wrote:HI Paride,
could you please tell me where to find Volumetric AI Denoiser? Regular denoiser is not denoising volumes.

Hi coilbook,
The volume denoiser will be available in next release, 6.06
Also an option to save denoised beauty output instead of the normal output, as well as texture compression support and channel format for Image tiles texture. Comming soon..
Thanks,
neonZorglub
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby coilbook » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:02 am

coilbook Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:02 am
neonZorglub wrote:
coilbook wrote:HI Paride,

Hi coilbook,
The volume denoiser will be available in next release, 6.06
Also an option to save denoised beauty output instead of the normal output, as well as texture compression support and channel format for Image tiles texture. Comming soon..
Thanks,

Thank you. Maybe before you release it you can look into this octane 4/3ds max bug where it gets stuck at processing geometry viewtopic.php?f=81&t=68623

Thanks
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tema » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:55 am

Tema Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:55 am
paride4331 wrote:
Tema wrote:Hi. Thanks for the update.
After this update, there was a problem. During rendering in octane viewport rendering, samples rendering is reset to zero. As it happens, when you change the material settings. Or move the camera.
Operating system window 7 x64. The video card drivers have been updated to the latest version. Video card-2 x GTX 1080.
Also, I want to remind you that the problem with the fact that there is no maps multitexture is not solved. I think many will support me. This is a very big problem. Universal material is good, but it is not as needed as maps multi texture. I hope that we will see it in the next big update.

Hi Tema,
Nvidia drivers very stable are 388.13 and 391.35 at this time.
Updating Nvidia drivers to the last ones out will not improve your performance renderings, unless Otoy recommends update.
Regards
paride

Thanks. I will install earlier NVIDIA driver.
Tema
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tema » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:41 am

Tema Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:41 am
paride4331 wrote:
Tema wrote:Render animation time from 3ds max window, 30,35 minutes. The same frame in the octane viewport rendering 14-16 minutes. Correct this difference, please. I have to rendering an array of frames manually.

Hi Tema,
are you also considering evaluation time using OctaneRender viewport?
try to set no movable proxy all objects that are not moving in your animation.
Regards
Paride

A proxy has been set for all objects. The result is such as I wrote above. Below is a screenshot of the test.
Attachments
02.jpg
01.jpg
Tema
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paride4331 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:16 am

paride4331 Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:16 am
justix wrote:
I did some tests.
in my case denoise limit is 5198x5198 using 472.1 MB scene; hipoly scenes do not change denoise result, so I suppose this issue does not depend on your Vram limit graphics cards.
Regards
Paride

Well..I'm actually concerned about something I think weird between Version used OR my card having problems? , I think there is a big issue with the COPY/MIRROR/Istance ( and that goes for the XB3 6.03 which is still the one that gave me no issue UNTIL using the Copy ). What I did:

Open The file and Merge the big bathtube reaching that 3 gigabyte mem used and about 9. something million Primitives.. the RC2 was slow in evaluating and SLight unresponsive BUT id did render ( which is not the problem ) and after a good while it Denoised without Crash BUT I did notice that anytime it does reach the Samples set for the render and you switch for the denoise it saves automatically and I think that does interfere with it making it unstable..

Then again I did merge the same object in hi Poly and reached as far as 12 millions primitives BUT as soon as I reach 3gb Vram it gives me no Vram available for denoise and GPU fail?? ??? is there any script or test I can do to actually see what is going on?

I managed to scatter ( copying ) a 1. million smething object and I reached as far as 3.3/4 Vram used but then ..weird..I can pass the file to you and try to rise the number of scatering ( native 3dsmax ) or if you have a test file in hi Poly number I can test that should go with a 8Gb ram card?

edit: Best test I could made, see the attachment Viewport and overall unresponsive system with HUGE lags..not crashing but near.. ONE THING..see the max samples set at 200? the render did not stop and kept running? surely is not working as expected..especially the out of core..slow .actually can we know how slow should it go comapre to normal VRAM?

unresponsive.jpg

Hi justix,
hard to say something about it, could you share your test scene in pm, please?
Before that, you could try reducing parallel sample in Kernel panel.
Regards
Paride
Last edited by paride4331 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby paride4331 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:52 am

paride4331 Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:52 am
Tema wrote:
paride4331 wrote:
Tema wrote:Render animation time from 3ds max window, 30,35 minutes. The same frame in the octane viewport rendering 14-16 minutes. Correct this difference, please. I have to rendering an array of frames manually.

Hi Tema,
are you also considering evaluation time using OctaneRender viewport?
try to set no movable proxy all objects that are not moving in your animation.
Regards
Paride

A proxy has been set for all objects. The result is such as I wrote above. Below is a screenshot of the test.

Hi Tema,
try testing with 3 frames, has 2nd and 3th same render time?
Regards
Paride
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby justix » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:24 pm

justix Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:24 pm
paride4331 wrote:
justix wrote:
I did some tests.
Regards
Paride

The attachment unresponsive.jpg is no longer available

Hi justix,
hard to say something about it, could you share your test scene in pm, please?
Before that, you could try reducing parallel sample in Kernel panel.
Regards
Paride

I wil ltry that, can't send you the scene in PM as it is about 700MB and it seems bouncing back at me.. but I can send you the obj and you can copy X 9 and see were you can actually push it? all test done does hault me past the 3.2 /4 GB Vram...

edit: error denoiserThread1 : Not enough free memory to run the denoiser. Required memory 475501728.00 MB ?????????????????? Parallel Samples set at 8 and even at 4.. and also well laggy....

Does 3dsmax rely on any HD cache or something? I have a 500 SSD primary and going lower the 100 BUT I moved the cache to a Tera still no changes.. just wondering
8.jpg
Win 7 64 | 2 X MSI AERO GtX 1070| Intel I7-6850K| 32 GB DDR4 RAM | Asus X99 II-A
justix
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paride4331 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:21 am

paride4331 Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:21 am
Hi justix,
you can use wetransfer, then send me a download link.
I would test a .max file with your Octane setting.
Regards
Paride
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Releases