OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v3.08.1 - 5.10 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v3.08.1 - 5.10 [OBSOLETE]
Sub forum for plugin releases
Forum rules
Any bugs related to this plugin should be reported to the Bug Reports sub-forum.
Bugs related to Octane itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v3.08.1 - 5.10

Postby paride4331 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:51 am

paride4331 Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:51 am
Elvissuperstar007 wrote:mobile proxy is broken

Hi Guys,
fixed in 5.11
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby paride4331 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:37 am

paride4331 Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:37 am
merid888 wrote:GOOD EVENING, SOMEONE HAVE PROBLEM USING THE FOREST PRO 6.07b ? BECOUSE WHEN I DO CLICK IN THE OPTION TOOLS/ MATERIAL CONVERTER, JUST DON'T HAPPEN NOTHING
ADD VIDEO TO SEE THE ERROR
THANK YOU OCTANERENDER TEAM

Hi merid888,
you should convert forest pro materials before scattering; otherwise if errors occur, manually convert the materials you need.
Regards
Paride
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby merid888 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:02 pm

merid888 Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:02 pm
hi parid, i did that, but the result is the same error, objects looks gray, i beend sent a message to itoosoft team but they say this:

You may, for some reason, routes to Forest Pack resources are not properly mapped in the 3ds Max configuration accessible through Customize - Configure User Paths - External files stored in 3dsmax.ini. This .ini file is found by default in:

C: \ Documents and Settings \ <username> \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Autodesk \ 3dsmax \ <max version> \ enu \ 3dsmax.ini

In any case, it is not necessary to configure these routes manually. When Forest Pack is loaded, it checks if these routes exist and if not, they can all be added automatically (the add-on displays a warning message).

If you previously checked the Do not show this message again box to disable that pop-up window, you can revert it to its default value by configuring checkTexturePaths = 1 in the forestpack.ini configuration file located by default in:

C: \ Users \ <username> \ AppData \ Local \ Autodesk \ 3dsMax \ <maxversion> \ ENU \ en-US \ plugcfg

If the problem persists, could you send us that scene through WeTransfer to [email protected] to analyze it here?

or say this

Thanks for your scene. The materials (of the type Multi / Sub-Object) currently assigned to the Forest objects do not contain any material (I enclose the capture of the material "_fp_waterlily" from their scene). When you recreate these presets, everything is rebuilt correctly. Unfortunately, it is not possible to trace the root of the problem - in which operation that information has been lost.

It would be advisable to reimport these presets or reassign the material (all materials can be found in the 3d_octane.mat library located by default in C: \ Users \ <User> \ AppData \ Local \ Itoo Software \ Forest Pack Pro \ matlib).

Maybe the problem will no longer appear, but in case of reappearing we would appreciate if you contact us and any comments about its possible cause will be very welcome

is the same result, i load the octane.mat but do not work, all is gray again

can help me octanerender team ? thank you parid
W11 x64 Bits Workstation, 32 Gb 3200 Mghz DDR4 Corsair, Asus X570 Plus Wifi, Ryzen 9 5950x 3.4 Ghz, M2 WD Black-SN850x 1 Tb, Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM, 1 RTX A4000 16 GB, 1 Power Supply Corsair RM850x.
merid888
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paride4331 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:23 pm

paride4331 Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:23 pm
Hi merid888,
after loaded octane.mat, did you assign shaders to objects before scattering?
Regards
Paride
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby coilbook » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:27 pm

coilbook Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:27 pm
merid888 wrote:hi parid, i did that, but the result is the same error, objects looks gray, i beend sent a message to itoosoft team but they say this:

You may, for some reason, routes to Forest Pack resources are not properly mapped in the 3ds Max configuration accessible through Customize - Configure User Paths - External files stored in 3dsmax.ini. This .ini file is found by default in:

C: \ Documents and Settings \ <username> \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Autodesk \ 3dsmax \ <max version> \ enu \ 3dsmax.ini

In any case, it is not necessary to configure these routes manually. When Forest Pack is loaded, it checks if these routes exist and if not, they can all be added automatically (the add-on displays a warning message).

If you previously checked the Do not show this message again box to disable that pop-up window, you can revert it to its default value by configuring checkTexturePaths = 1 in the forestpack.ini configuration file located by default in:

C: \ Users \ <username> \ AppData \ Local \ Autodesk \ 3dsMax \ <maxversion> \ ENU \ en-US \ plugcfg

If the problem persists, could you send us that scene through WeTransfer to [email protected] to analyze it here?

or say this

Thanks for your scene. The materials (of the type Multi / Sub-Object) currently assigned to the Forest objects do not contain any material (I enclose the capture of the material "_fp_waterlily" from their scene). When you recreate these presets, everything is rebuilt correctly. Unfortunately, it is not possible to trace the root of the problem - in which operation that information has been lost.

It would be advisable to reimport these presets or reassign the material (all materials can be found in the 3d_octane.mat library located by default in C: \ Users \ <User> \ AppData \ Local \ Itoo Software \ Forest Pack Pro \ matlib).

Maybe the problem will no longer appear, but in case of reappearing we would appreciate if you contact us and any comments about its possible cause will be very welcome

is the same result, i load the octane.mat but do not work, all is gray again

can help me octanerender team ? thank you parid

try to hit preview in viewport when you go inside the RGB texture. maybe it will help. In itoo 5 it fixes grey objects bug
Attachments
itoo.jpg
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby neonZorglub » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:27 pm

neonZorglub Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:27 pm
coilbook wrote:I've been getting 2-3 of these everytime I render. Why is it doing it?

Hi Coilbbok,
Could you give more detail ?
-do you use PhoenixFD in this scene?
-do you use other plugin for the objects that are missing ?
-is the next frame rendered ok ?
-if you go to this frame, and render with viewport, does it work ?
It could be related to the broadcast of messages needed before and after each frame, to communicate with other plugins.
You could try the various options in Kernel of Render settings, and in Global settings, tab 'Trouble settings..
Thanks
neonZorglub
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby neonZorglub » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:35 pm

neonZorglub Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:35 pm
Elvissuperstar007 wrote:mobile proxy is broken

Hi Elvissuperstar007,
Sorry, I don't understand the problem from the screenshot .. Could you explain what seems to be wrong ?
Note that the next version will have some fixes of movable proxy's issues (hiding, deleting, etc..). Hopefully that could fix your problem..
Cheers,
neonZorglub
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Elvissuperstar007 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:21 pm

Elvissuperstar007 Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:21 pm
you have to restart the scene to isolate the object
win 7 /64x C2Quad 6600 2.4/ Nvidia 9800 GX2 1gb 512 bit + Asus 480 GTX/ DDR2 8Gb / NVIDIA 460 GTX 2GB/2x NVIDIA 580 GTX 3GB
Page octane render " В Контакте " http://vkontakte.ru/club17913093
Elvissuperstar007
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:31 pm

coilbook Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:31 pm
neonZorglub wrote:
coilbook wrote:I've been getting 2-3 of these everytime I render. Why is it doing it?

Hi Coilbbok,
Could you give more detail ?
-do you use PhoenixFD in this scene?
-do you use other plugin for the objects that are missing ?
-is the next frame rendered ok ?
-if you go to this frame, and render with viewport, does it work ?
It could be related to the broadcast of messages needed before and after each frame, to communicate with other plugins.
You could try the various options in Kernel of Render settings, and in Global settings, tab 'Trouble settings..
Thanks

Hi It now looks like when slave fails I can get this sometimes. maybe it never sent data back to the master. But sometimes it happens when slaves do not fail. It happens with or without phoenix , next frame is fine. Stopping renderer and restarting with the bad frame fixes the problem
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Releases