- Added static noise parameter for Direct Lighting and Path Tracing kernels.
- Fixed render element clamp.
Main changes since version 2.10
- Render passes/elements.
- Region render for production render.
- Added highlight compression option to camera imager node. Using this option, you can reduce burned out highlights by compressing them (which decreases their contrast). This works similar to the Reinhard tone mapping.
- Added pins "hue", "saturation" and "contrast" to the color correction node to control hue, saturation and contrast of the input texture. Since Octane textures are sampled spectrally, hue and saturation don't work perfectly, but as long as you use them not too aggressively they should do the trick. We might have an idea how to improve that, but that will require some more work.
- We had to remove the pins "brightness scale" and "black level" since we ran out of fields in our color correction shader node.
- Added new noise texture node which currently has 4 noise types: "Perlin", "Turbulence", "Circular" and "Chips". "Perlin" is like the turbulence node with "use turbulence" disabled. "Turbulence" is like the turbulence node with "use turbulence" enabled. "Circular" is a Worley noise and "Chips" is a Voronoi noise.
- Fixed hanging render kernels for some displacement cases (causing some of the dreaded CUDA errors).
- Fixed hair normals.
Installer http://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads/ ... _11_1a.zip (30MB ZIP File)
For network slave and daemon please download standalone installer here
The OctaneRender® Team.