OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v3.08 RC4 - 5.05 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v3.08 RC4 - 5.05 [OBSOLETE]
Sub forum for plugin releases
Forum rules
Any bugs related to this plugin should be reported to the Bug Reports sub-forum.
Bugs related to Octane itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v3.08 RC4 - 5.05 [TEST]

Postby coilbook » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:08 am

coilbook Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:08 am
Hi Paride,
1. could you please send this to otoy. When phoenix fd ocean mesh motion blur is on it becomes impossible to render and octane viewport usually slows down to complete stop and kills off all the slaves.. When it renders with phoenix motion blur ON render times go from 2 min to 15-20 min is this normal? Anyway to speed it up.

2. Also after this if I restart 3ds max slaves work again fine to render anything but the phoenix ocean. master PC must be restarted to render ocean again. I dont under stand why? Can otoy please render phoenix ocean scene I sent in another post with some slaves. This problem is even with MB off. So installing win 10 on slaves didnt do anything . There is a bug with slave net updating and phoenix ocean. maybe displacement maybe something else.

By the way what are those numbers after NET UPDATING? sometimes they are in tens of thousands range sometimes in billions ?

Thanks
Attachments
stuck ocean.jpg
ocean mb.jpg
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby thekwen » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:37 am

thekwen Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:37 am
Please,

Consider motion blur for non constant topo mesh before V4 release, working on phoenix is cool but it's not an open and universal system.
thekwen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paride4331 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:18 am

paride4331 Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:18 am
thekwen wrote:Please,

Consider motion blur for non constant topo mesh before V4 release, working on phoenix is cool but it's not an open and universal system.

Hi thekwen,
I agree, we will do our best to solve this issue.
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby paride4331 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:16 am

paride4331 Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:16 am
Hi coilbook,
could you be able to test by connecting routers to switches and all slaves and masters to hub switch?
I this issue depends on windows network. Have you wifi and Lan active on the same time on pc or double Lan?
Did you tried assigning static ip to Pcs?
Regards
Paride
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby coilbook » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:34 pm

coilbook Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:34 pm
paride4331 wrote:Hi coilbook,
could you be able to test by connecting routers to switches and all slaves and masters to hub switch?
I this issue depends on windows network. Have you wifi and Lan active on the same time on pc or double Lan?
Did you tried assigning static ip to Pcs?
Regards
Paride

Thanks Paride,
I did some tests Once phoenix ocean messed up my slaves where they stuck at net updating I opened another 3ds max window with just a simple scene. After opening octane viewport window it takes slaves 2-3 to update all 18 net GPUs (where normally it took 5 seconds). Also while net GPUs are updating if I go to speedtest.net a lot of the times I get a socket error or very low download/upload times.
Without restarting the master PC I restarted the router and reopened a simple max scene again and slaves are still very slow to update 2-3 min. So it might be my network cards that are built in into the motherboard. Maybe a heavy phoenix ocean scene crashes them and then net GPUs is slow to update (but when octane viewport is not open internet speeds are fast, data transfer between PCs are fast too. Just octane net update is slow)

Also I attached a video where it shows how slaves render after that crash happened. Even after restarting master did not fix, and it is a simple scene. GPU usages just goes up and down a lot from 70 to 0 where before it would stay around 90s

One more thing. it seems that network slave update is very sensitive to turbosmoothed objects. If i turbosmooth cubes to about 1.7 mil polys net update is very slow even though the scene is only o.8 Gb

By the way what are those numbers after net updating? ****/****

Thanks
Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] spikes.MOV [ 1.74 MiB | Viewed 3630 times ]

coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:03 pm

coilbook Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:03 pm
It looks like the problem is not in octane. Even after I replaced my router it rendered fast but after I reconnected all slaves connection dropped. There are a couple of lights on the router that were lit amber (100 megabit connection) and not white. Also cable from the switch that connects 3 slaves to the router had an amber light behind the switch. Om top of that wireless security camera box is connected to the router with 24/7 stream. I wonder if router lowered speed because of too much data flow or something else
Attachments
scene bug.zip
(6.77 MiB) Downloaded 194 times
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paride4331 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:34 am

paride4331 Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:34 am
coilbook wrote:It looks like the problem is not in octane. Even after I replaced my router it rendered fast but after I reconnected all slaves connection dropped. There are a couple of lights on the router that were lit amber (100 megabit connection) and not white. Also cable from the switch that connects 3 slaves to the router had an amber light behind the switch. Om top of that wireless security camera box is connected to the router with 24/7 stream. I wonder if router lowered speed because of too much data flow or something else

Hi coilbook,
your network is too slow, I definitely think this is your issue; I saw similar thing with a slow network: master seemed to continuously send scene to slave.
This bottleneck could cause your fourth slave fail too.
Regards
Paride
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby coilbook » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:06 pm

coilbook Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:06 pm
paride4331 wrote:
coilbook wrote:It looks like the problem is not in octane. Even after I replaced my router it rendered fast but after I reconnected all slaves connection dropped. There are a couple of lights on the router that were lit amber (100 megabit connection) and not white. Also cable from the switch that connects 3 slaves to the router had an amber light behind the switch. Om top of that wireless security camera box is connected to the router with 24/7 stream. I wonder if router lowered speed because of too much data flow or something else

Hi coilbook,
your network is too slow, I definitely think this is your issue; I saw similar thing with a slow network: master seemed to continuously send scene to slave.
This bottleneck could cause your fourth slave fail too.
Regards
Paride

Hi Paride,
thanks. Yes you are right. That was the reason for all the problems. I found out one of the slaves had a bad cat7 when you wiggle it connection would drop (Reason for constant slave failed errors) And seems that the router sometimes would turn some ports amber where you have to plug and unplug Ethernet cable. I also got rid of the switch from three slaves and just ran three lines to the router. it is better now. Thanks
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Releases