How do I deactivate Octane for Carrara?

Forums: How do I deactivate Octane for Carrara?
Carrara (Integrated Plugin developed by Sighman)

How do I deactivate Octane for Carrara?

Postby Jonstark » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:25 pm

Jonstark Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:25 pm
I'm moving from my laptop to a new desktop to be my primary render machine. I can deactivate Octane itself off my laptop fine and activate it on the newer computer, but I can't activate the Carrara plugin on my desktop until I've deactivated it on my laptop... but I can't figure out how to deactivate it on my laptop.

This is all the more puzzling as I had Octane up and working fine on my desktop just about a month ago, real life got in the way and now I'm coming back to play around some more and I found that somehow my desktop had been deactivated and my laptop re activated instead (I'm thinking maybe because I don't remember ever deactivating the plugin from Carrara the first time around and maybe somehow that triggered it to reactivate on the laptop).
Jonstark
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: How do I deactivate Octane for Carrara?

Postby mojave » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:49 pm

mojave Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:49 pm
Hi Jonstark,

Could you please let me know what versions you are using?

Thank you.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Jonstark » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:04 am

Jonstark Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:04 am
On the laptop, I have Octane standalone 2.24.1 installed, and Octane Carrara Plugin 2.24.0079

On the desktop, I have Octane standalone 3.02 and Octane Carrara plugin 3.03.02.19
Jonstark
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:18 am

mojave Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:18 am
As you may be aware in contrast to Octane 2.x where licenses have to be entered and released explicitly either from standalone or the plugin (each plugin should have a way of doing so), Octane 3.x uses a floating license scheme, that's why when a license is still in use somewhere else you cannot use it.

If the 2.x plugin is not properly releasing the license, please let us know and as an alternative you may deactivate the license from the web.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Jonstark » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:12 pm

Jonstark Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:12 pm
Please don't misunderstand, I don't have any trouble deactivating Octane standalone and re-activating it on my desktop.

The problem is I can't figure out how to deactivate my Carrara plugin so I can activate it on Carrara on my desktop instead.

The problem isn't with the standalone version, it's with the plugin.
Jonstark
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sighman » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:53 pm

Sighman Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:53 pm
I assume you have a version 3 license of the plugin...

You can check on the status of your license by going to your OTOY license page. https://render.otoy.com/account/octanelive.php There you should see your licenses. Locate your Carrara license. Check to see it your license is in use (there will be a date in the Name/Last Active column.) If it is empty then you should be able to login. If it is not then you need to log out of the computer you were last on. You can deactivate the 2.0 Carrara license from within Carrara by opening the Activate/About box and clicking on Deactivate.
On your desktop you should be prompted to log into your OTOY account when you start Carrara. If you are not then you can login manually by opening any scene and then opening the Activate/About box from the Edit->Octane Commands menu. Click the Manage License button to open the OTOY login dialog. Remember, you need to login using your OTOY login, not your forum or V2 LiveID login.
Win8/64, I7-4770K (3.5Ghz) 24GB, GTX-980ti (6GB) / GTX-TITAN (6GB)
Sighman
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Carrara