Background/Backplate not rendering

Forums: Background/Backplate not rendering
Area for student license holders to post questions and discuss octane.

Background/Backplate not rendering

Postby ajoshua4 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:58 pm

ajoshua4 Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:58 pm
I'm having a problem with octane 4.04-6.17 that I don't remember having for any previous versions of the plugin for 3ds max. For some reason, my backplates/backgrounds don't render out, but they show up on the octane live viewport. If I set a custom image as my background, it shows up fine in the live view port. At render time, I have the "Use viewport background" box checked, and the "alpha chanel" box checked but it doesn't render when I do my final render. It only renders the geometry and leaves a black background.

I've also tried using an octane daylight as a"visible" and then clicking "texture" with my rgb image set as a backplate, but the image becomes blown up and cropped in despite my window resolution matching the image size. I tried going into the transformations on the map to scale it down but it never lines up. Am I missing something? Ive done renders like this before with older versions of octane for 3ds max but I feel like im missing something.
Attachments
Octane example.jpg
This is the version using the Octane daylight as a backplate. The image is severely punched in, but the sizes should match
ajoshua4
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Background/Backplate not rendering

Postby paride4331 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:19 pm

paride4331 Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:19 pm
Hiajoshua4,
you can use the OSL environment.
Regards
Paride
Attachments
osl-env2.zip