Best deal for students wanting to invest for Octane in c4d

Forums: Best deal for students wanting to invest for Octane in c4d
Area for student license holders to post questions and discuss octane.

Best deal for students wanting to invest for Octane in c4d

Postby AJM0123 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:50 pm

AJM0123 Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:50 pm
Hi Guys,

This is my first post on this forum so if you think I am in the the wrong section or this question may have already been asked please just let me know the link/thread !
Basically I want to know the best deal OTOY can offer a University student studying a video design degree to be able to use Octane inside C4d? I have tried the standalone version and the plugin inside c4d via a demo and really liked it.
I understand a single license for the plugin for C4d is just over 200 pounds, is there any form of additional student discount on this? Or is there any sort of educational plugin with limitations/max renders for students like myself to use?

I am very inclined to purchase it at full price, as I know how good it is, however I wanted to ask whether there was any student discount?

Cheers ! :D
AJM0123
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Best deal for students wanting to invest for Octane in c4d

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:38 pm

bepeg4d Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:38 pm
Hi AJM0123,
the student licence has been discontinued because it has a lot of limitations, eg. there wasn't a c4dOctane version.
Otoy is developing a new subscription license, in this way you can have the latest version with plugin at lower price:
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=53482
Sorry, I don't have any precise ETA for this, so stay tuned with Otoy forum for the announcement.
All the best,
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby AJM0123 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:37 pm

AJM0123 Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:37 pm
Hi bepeg4d,

Cheers for the response. I am under the impression the new sub license is available. I have had a email from OTOY about it, see attached, and I emailed but straight away saying I would like to subscribe!
Still no response?
Attachments
Email from OTOY.PNG
AJM0123
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby win » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:21 pm

win Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:21 pm
Hi AMJ0123

A subscription service is available, ideal for students, which provides access to v3 software and many of the Octane plugins.

The monthly subscription fee is $20 for access to Octane Standalone and an Octane Plugin.

The minimum purchase is one month. With this service you will need to setup an account in Paypal as you will be charged on a recurring monthly basis. The subscription may be cancelled at any time, which means that no further payments will be made, and the subscription will expire at the end of the current (active) period.

The subscription service has the following limitations compared with a full (purchased) license
- Use of the software is available only while online, connected via the internet to the Octane licensing server
- A maximum of 2 GPU's are available for rendering
- Network rendering is not available
- Subscription licenses may not be used with non -subscription licenses (i.e. purchased licenses)

If you wish to know more, please contact the Octane Help Desk [email protected] and let the team know which Plugin is of interest.

Kind regards, Win
win
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby milanm » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:51 am

milanm Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:51 am
win wrote: ...
- Subscription licenses may not be used with non -subscription licenses (i.e. purchased licenses)

Hi win

Could you please clarify the quoted text.
Does this mean that we can't use regular and subscription license on different machines at the same time?
For example, we can't use sub. license on a laptop at the same time as the main workstation, with the permanent license, is rendering.

Regards
Milan
Colorist / VFX artist / Motion Designer
macOS - Windows 7 - Cinema 4D R19.068 - GTX1070TI - GTX780
milanm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion