Octane for Max 3.0 licenses upgrade

Forums: Octane for Max 3.0 licenses upgrade
Area for student license holders to post questions and discuss octane.

Octane for Max 3.0 licenses upgrade

Postby gabrielefx » Tue May 24, 2016 8:14 am

gabrielefx Tue May 24, 2016 8:14 am
Dear Otoy,

probably you know I own 4 Octane for Max licenses, one Octane for Rhino, one Octane for After Effects.
Probably you don't know I was the most active users on this forum doing a lot of beta testing since when Otoy acquired Refractive Software company and Karba developed Octane for Max plugin.
I received your email saying Octane 3.0 is ready.

From what I read on the forum Octane for Max can't read previous 1.9 OFM scenes
I know that a plugin exists and I need to install and uninstal 2 versions for each scene.
What about I need to merge one single object from a previous scene?

In 1,5 years of Octane for Max development Otoy team was non able to embed a full functional converter without any headache.

If you look at Fstorm, the programmers realized 3 (three) converters embedded in the plugin: Octane, Vray and Corona.
I tested and they works perfectly and if I request a feature or found an issue after few days a new version is released.

Do you remember when you released Octane for Max 1.5? At that time the work behind Octane and its plugins was enormous and people was happy.

I think that if you Otoy don't change your mind many users will not upgrade their licenses or will buy other plugins.
I requested a lot of features regarding Octane for Max and your answer was to delete my posts or Mr. Jimstar answered me aggressively posting warning message on my private message box.

I'm an user that made a lot of money with Octane and I don't want that you stop my work.
I can roll back to Vray or think to buy other renderers.

This is the true.

Regards
Gabriele Gelfo
quad Titan Kepler 6GB + quad Titan X Pascal 12GB + quad GTX1080 8GB + dual GTX1080Ti 11GB
gabrielefx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane for Max 3.0 licenses upgrade

Postby oguzbir » Tue May 24, 2016 10:36 am

oguzbir Tue May 24, 2016 10:36 am
Hi Gabriele,
I would also like to share my support to you thinking of leave using Octane.

I on the other hand am thinking of stop using octane but I can't due to an integration between my studio and studios I continue work with. So I had to upgrade my single account to v3.
But I'll probably continue my work with Corona which focuses on max, when the time comes will switch fully to Fstorm making use of my GPU's bought to use with octane.

Safe journey & Farewell
My Portfolio
windows 10 Pro. |1070 + 1070 + 1070 + 1070 | i7 @4.5Ghz
oguzbir
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion