Solution for Student License

Forums: Solution for Student License
Area for student license holders to post questions and discuss octane.

Solution for Student License

Postby Calin-Mihnea » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:54 pm

Calin-Mihnea Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:54 pm
There are more Octane users, who own a Student License, bought/upgraded their PC with a Nvidia 9xx graphics card without knowing that from that point on, their Octane Render will be useless.
I am one of them. In October, I built a new PC, with two GTX 980, and after installing everything, I discovered that I couldn't use my Octane. It was a huge disappointment, but, at the same time, it was my fault for not reading before buying. I got used to using only Blender, but I really loved Octane Render and the plug-in for Blender was brilliant as well. I really want them back.

Can't we make a deal for upgrading Student License versions to 1.5x versions? ( for example: Student Licensed users can pay a reasonable amount of money to upgrade to 1.5x )
I really miss using Octane Render, but I can't afford buying a full price product.
Calin-Mihnea

Re: Solution for Student License

Postby JimStar » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:31 pm

JimStar Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:31 pm
Blender plugin + Standalone BUNDLE ~ 480$

GTX980 x 2 ~ min 1100$
New PC for them ~ min 800$
Total: ~1900$

Calin-Mihnea wrote:I can't afford buying a full price product.
Calin-Mihnea wrote:I built a new PC, with two GTX 980

How is this possible?
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Solution for Student License

Postby Calin-Mihnea » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:39 pm

Calin-Mihnea Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:39 pm
If I could afford the bundle, I would have gotten it. I'm a second year student at Computer Science. The PC was build with " Student money ". Had some savings, sold a DSLR, a guitar, + some money from parents.
I don't have a job, because college alone takes all my time. And by some miracle, if I get to save 480$ (which would take more than a year), I could not spend it all on a bundle. The PC had a greater practicability, that's why I bought it. With 2000$ I could have bought the bundle and Unity ( 1500$ ), and keep my old laptop. But that would not have been a better decision.
Calin-Mihnea

Return to General Discussion