Lua navigation example

Forums: Lua navigation example
Forum for OctaneRender Lua scripting examples, discussion and support.

Lua navigation example

Postby Dormouse » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:02 pm

Dormouse Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:02 pm
Hello,

I am newbie to Lua and OctaneVR. Is there any example about Lua script navigation between 2 cub/spherical map ?
or piece of code for interaction with Gear VR button ?

Thanks a lot
Best
Dormouse

Re: Lua navigation example

Postby Goldorak » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:50 pm

Goldorak Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:50 pm
Dormouse wrote:Hello,

I am newbie to Lua and OctaneVR. Is there any example about Lua script navigation between 2 cub/spherical map ?

Thanks a lot
Best

With Octane 3.0+, we're working on auto-generating lua/JSON with your rendered scenes for hostpots and even multi-camera navigation links right form the scene graph (proxy 3D hotspots targets are being added as special VR script nodes). There are a few samples on the ORBX 2.0 forums showing the older manual 2D hostpot/linking system. It is simple, but please be aware this API may be deprecated with version 3 once we have UI for doing it in 3D from inside Octane. You can import a pano photo in the environment node and use the proxy VR script nodes to build experiences that are completely photo based as well. In this case Octane will take your spherical panos images and spit out optomized mulit-layer cube maps in HDR, and using ORC, further compressed for high speed loading on GVR as OKX files.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Dormouse » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:03 pm

Dormouse Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:03 pm
Goldorak wrote:
Dormouse wrote:Hello,

Thanks a lot
Best

With Octane 3.0+, we're working on auto-generating lua/JSON with your rendered scenes for hostpots and even multi-camera navigation links right form the scene graph (proxy 3D hotspots targets are being added as special VR script nodes). There are a few samples on the ORBX 2.0 forums showing the older manual 2D hostpot/linking system. It is simple, but please be aware this API may be deprecated with version 3 once we have UI for doing it in 3D from inside Octane. You can import a pano photo in the environment node and use the proxy VR script nodes to build experiences that are completely photo based as well. In this case Octane will take your spherical panos images and spit out optomized mulit-layer cube maps in HDR, and using ORC, further compressed for high speed loading on GVR as OKX files.

I will take a look at older manual 2D hospot linking system. I think I can find them in ORBX Media viewer thread...

Octane 3.0+ sounds extremely cool!!!
When can we access Octane 3.0+ ? an estimation ?
with OctaneRender™ v2.x License, can we have a free upgrade ?
Dormouse

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:04 am

bepeg4d Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:04 am
Hi Dormouse,
About v3 news, we have to wait for the GTC 2016 in a couple of days ;)
In the meantime, you can find few examples in this discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=49621&start=160#p257575
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby Refracty » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:56 pm

Refracty Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:56 pm
Hi Goldorak,
do you have any news or ETA about ORBX VR 3.0 and manuals?
Ciao
Refracty
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lua Scripting