How do I load a mesh without getting a dialog

Forums: How do I load a mesh without getting a dialog
Forum for OctaneRender Lua scripting examples, discussion and support.

How do I load a mesh without getting a dialog

Postby Wallan » Thu May 28, 2015 9:56 am

Wallan Thu May 28, 2015 9:56 am
Hi.

Idea was to load the textures into a materials and then load the mesh and connect it to the materials.

I can however not figure out how to load the mesh without getting the dialog that asks for a texture.

How do I load a mesh so that I can connect its material pins to already created materials.

The meshes I load has in most cases only a default material at the point of loading.
If I just click cancel when I get the dialog to chose texture then I get the mesh just the way I want it.
That is with a material node but no texture loaded.
I want to get the same but without hawing to click cancel in a dialog.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 32Gb RAM. Intel Core i7-5820K [email protected] GHZ. Display uses a Gigabyte GTX 460 1Gb VRAM. Octane uses an EVGA GTX 970 4Gb VRAM.
Wallan
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: How do I load a mesh without getting a dialog

Postby stratified » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:57 am

stratified Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:57 am
Wallan wrote:Hi.

Idea was to load the textures into a materials and then load the mesh and connect it to the materials.

I can however not figure out how to load the mesh without getting the dialog that asks for a texture.

How do I load a mesh so that I can connect its material pins to already created materials.

The meshes I load has in most cases only a default material at the point of loading.
If I just click cancel when I get the dialog to chose texture then I get the mesh just the way I want it.
That is with a material node but no texture loaded.
I want to get the same but without hawing to click cancel in a dialog.

You only get that dialog when octane couldn't find a texture. It means that somewhere a path is wrong.

How are you "loading" the textures?

cheers,
Thomas
stratified
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Lua Scripting