Newbie Script Request for "batch" rendering?

Forums: Newbie Script Request for "batch" rendering?
Forum for OctaneRender Lua scripting examples, discussion and support.

Newbie Script Request for "batch" rendering?

Postby dive » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:12 am

dive Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:12 am
Hello Guys,

I'm pretty new to animation and octane so bear with me. I'm looking for a script that allows me to load a frame, cut that frame within 20 seconds (or any time i choose) of rendering, and then load the next frame. I'm doing this because I want to render somewhat noisey images that are not fully rendered out yet, but all in the hopes of doing low-fi type animations. (this is something like batch rendering correct?) The animation will be of a character or two and some background imagery.

Is this possible? Does a script exist? Would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction if one does?

Sincerely,
Dive :)
dive
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Newbie Script Request for "batch" rendering?

Postby FooZe » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:33 am

FooZe Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:33 am
There is a script for this on the Script menu of the standalone. (Script -> Render Imported Animation)
It won't let you specify time but it will let you specify the max samples per pixel per frame (which in some ways is better because it will give you are more consistent quality than time may do).

This is for an alembic animation tho' not loading in a new obj or new scene per frame (not sure which you are wanting).

Thanks
Chris
FooZe
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Lua Scripting