Recognizing Locked Render Panes in Lua

Forums: Recognizing Locked Render Panes in Lua
Forum for OctaneRender Lua scripting examples, discussion and support.

Recognizing Locked Render Panes in Lua

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Mithrandir Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:42 pm
Hi,
Been trying to nail down the essentials of Lua — a powerful and elegant scripting language — and write something useful. A couple things come to mind in my investigation.

If a render is in progress with a locked pane and a script is started which allows rendering (especially on invocation), the locked pane is disregarded. With that in mind, I submit 3 questions:

1. Is there a way in the script to determine if rendering is locked?
2. Is there a way to determine that the script was started using a shortcut key?
3: If #2 could be answered yes, could scripts be made to start through more than one shortcut key? I realize one could make different front-end scripts to handle the type of functions I've got in mind but it would be nice to do it from a single source.

If the answers are 'no' to the above, I would submit that they would be useful features, time and resources permitting:
A. So as not to accidentally wipe out an hour's long render by pressing shortcuts inadvertently.
B. Enhance a script's functionality to act differently through shortcut invocation as can be done in Blender.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Mithrandir

Re: Recognizing Locked Render Panes in Lua

Postby stratified » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:22 pm

stratified Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:22 pm
Hi,

To answer your questions:

1) no, the script doesn't now if rendering is locked
2) same here, the script doesn't know how it was started (e.g. command line, editor or shortcut)

These are valid requests and we put them on our roadmap.

cheers,
Thomas
stratified
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Lua Scripting