Getting degraded resolution with ORBX on low latency

Forums: Getting degraded resolution with ORBX on low latency
Discussion forum for ORBX.js

Getting degraded resolution with ORBX on low latency

Postby revuprender » Mon May 04, 2015 7:02 pm

revuprender Mon May 04, 2015 7:02 pm
Hello,

I have been testing the ORBX based OTOY Windows desktop on the AWS Marketplace and I am located in the northern Virginia region about 30 minutes drive from the Amazon data center. Latency for me to the AWS GRID server is only 10ms. I have a high speed 50/50 Mbps cable internet connection here in our office. However the ORBX streaming quality seems very poor. There is no stuttering when watching HD videos on Youtube but the resolution is being degraded severely. I am assuming that some setting must be off since the quality I have seen of the ORBX demos online appear to be much better quality resolution.

Is ORBX meant to degrade resolution quality and simply be used to view remote apps to check in on Octane Render etc? I thought it was supposed to out perform products like Citrix XenDesktop. We have used XenDesktop and the Citrix "Super codecs" a lot and have experienced much higher resolution performance.

Is there a way for me to change the streaming settings?

Can I somehow output a log file to share?

Also, I am not seeing the performance stats in the top left for some reason. How can I enable those stats?

I am running a dual Intel Xeon CPU, with 24GB of RAM, and a GTX 980 and Quadro GPU's here locally on a wired Ethernet connection. It does seem like ORBX is using my local GPU to decompress the streaming graphics. Tried it in both Chrome and Firefox with latest updates.
revuprender

Return to ORBX.js