Non-windowed DirectX support (full-screen)

Forums: Non-windowed DirectX support (full-screen)
Discussion forum for ORBX on OTOY's Amazon AMIs

Non-windowed DirectX support (full-screen)

Postby badhat » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:56 am

badhat Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:56 am
Does ORBX currently support full-screen non-windowed DirectX applications on any AMI?

If so, give an example AMI (I've tried several) and the necessary ORBX.js options.

I've experimented with:
- ORBX Cloud Game Console
- Octane Cloud Workstation - Autodesk Edition

While applications are running on the NVidia driver (in the cloud game console), and report back they're using the grid GPU, you can hear the audio playing in the background, but the GPU full-screen frame buffer is not being streamed. Only the desktop and windowed applications are streamed.

If you have a native client that supports a proper full-screen mode (not a full-screen window) I would be interested to test it and give my feedback as a developer.

Current results have been disappointing.

If you don't have full-screen support, I may have to write something myself.
badhat

Re: Non-windowed DirectX support (full-screen)

Postby Icer5k » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:57 pm

Icer5k Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:57 pm
I've personally tested a couple games running full screen on Windows and they worked without a problem. We're grabbing our video stream straight from the GPU frame buffer, so there shouldn't be a scenario where a game is rendered on the server but not seen by the client.

Are you using the JS client or remote desktop? If you're using remote desktop, it doesn't support GPU-accelerated graphics; you'll need to access the instance via our JavaScript client (http://aws.otoy.com/).
Icer5k
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to ORBX on Amazon AMIs