AWS EC2 and Revit

Forums: AWS EC2 and Revit
Discussion forum for ORBX on OTOY's Amazon AMIs

AWS EC2 and Revit

Postby Jstokes » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:55 am

Jstokes Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:55 am
I have installed a g2.2xlarge on Amazon's Web Services per the link below and have connected.

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B00FGB1VTC/ref=srh_res_product_title?ie=UTF8&sr=0-6&qid=1392617238239

I am having issues with the Autodesk Revit software where it is not showing graphics correctly when I run the application. I did some tweaks to the remote desktop connection settings to enhance colors and bandwidth usage.

Please let me know how I can modify to see my first rendered Revit files.
Jstokes

Re: AWS EC2 and Revit

Postby Jax » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:47 am

Jax Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:47 am
Hi there,

Some application will not function properly under RDP or other remote access protocols, these AMI are designed to be access by our clients.

Please try your test again by using our HTML Client and/or our Native client.

Regards,

J.
Jax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby robeastham » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:11 pm

robeastham Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:11 pm
I was wondering, I've seen mention in another thread of changing the first part of the URL from aws to cloud like this:

http://cloud.otoy.com/?connect=//<ip>:8090/?NOCRYPTO=1;STATUS=1;AUTOLOCK=0;WAN=0.5;GUID=xxx

If I do this I get prompted to download a dmg image for my platform (OSX). Is this the latest version of the native client and do I need to still connect to the URL via my browser and keep an active link throughout the native client session?

Finally I heard mention of a beta that abstracts away the complexities of AWS. I have two questions about this 1. Can I get a beta invite :)? 2. Will this be an end user service only? If I'm planning on integrating a hardware prototype with an otoy cloud desktop am wondering if I'm best off sticking with the AMI's available on AWS and building my solution out that way (linux workstation version most likely). For those interested I'm planning on connecting my custom built raspberry pi driven intelligent photogrammetry capture turntable to a cloud GPU instance for faster photogrammetry model generation via scripting Agisoft Photoscan.

Rob
robeastham

Postby robeastham » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:12 pm

robeastham Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:12 pm
I was wondering, I've seen mention in another thread of changing the first part of the URL from aws to cloud like this:

http://cloud.otoy.com/?connect=//<ip>:8090/?NOCRYPTO=1;STATUS=1;AUTOLOCK=0;WAN=0.5;GUID=xxx

If I do this I get prompted to download a dmg image for my platform (OSX). Is this the latest version of the native client and do I need to still connect to the URL via my browser and keep an active link throughout the native client session?

Finally I heard mention of a beta that abstracts away the complexities of AWS. I have two questions about this 1. Can I get a beta invite :)? 2. Will this be an end user service only? If I'm planning on integrating a hardware prototype with an otoy cloud desktop am wondering if I'm best off sticking with the AMI's available on AWS and building my solution out that way (linux workstation version most likely). For those interested I'm planning on connecting my custom built raspberry pi driven intelligent photogrammetry capture turntable to a cloud GPU instance for faster photogrammetry model generation via scripting Agisoft Photoscan.

Rob
robeastham

Return to ORBX on Amazon AMIs