Multiple GUID

Forums: Multiple GUID
Discussion forum for ORBX on OTOY's Amazon AMIs

Multiple GUID

Postby sharpsudhir » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:41 pm

sharpsudhir Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:41 pm
I am evaluating AMI below are my Questions

1. What will be the cost of OTOY after Dec 31
2. Why do we need 15GB RAM for the amazon instance.
3. Can we have multiple GUIDs for the same instance. (Can we have multiple sessions to the same instance)
sharpsudhir

Re: Multiple GUID

Postby Goldorak » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:44 pm

Goldorak Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:44 pm
sharpsudhir wrote:I am evaluating AMI below are my Questions

1. What will be the cost of OTOY after Dec 31
2. Why do we need 15GB RAM for the amazon instance.
3. Can we have multiple GUIDs for the same instance. (Can we have multiple sessions to the same instance)

1 - There will be a monthly fee for unlimited users/streams for all features of ORBX enabled (including native streams), which will at most be $99/month. There will also be a free tier for usage that is limited to a reasonable subset of ORBX.js currently exposed in the HTML5 client, to foster adoption of ORBX.js for web developers and open source projects. In addition, we may also experiment with a modest hourly rate in place of a monthly licence, if we receive enough developer interest in this.

2 - This is built into the G2 instance type and is determined by AWS, not us. Broadly speaking, the instance has this much RAM in order to support high end 3D applications that often require >8 GB RAM.

3. If you use the ORBX cloud console, this is technically possible with some GPU games or fullscreen applications that don't interact with the desktop UI (which is why explorer is not on those AMIs). You can experiment with multiple concurrent streaming on a G2 Windows instance using the WINDOW=windowname parameter, which will isolate an ORBX stream to a single window specified in this parameter connection string (and note the GUID can be shared for multiple streams). Multiple users logging into the same AMI, could then target different windows/processes this way; an important consideration is that input virtualization is currently only handled by Xinput or through developer sandboxing. A simpler approach to pushing greater concurrency, assuming your application does not depend on a GPU, is to use smaller instance types to spread the cost of multiple concurrent streams on cheaper and less powerful VMs. That is why the ORBX cloud console for windows supports nearly all instance types, so that developers can find the right model for their application.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Multiple GUID

Postby wcxabyo » Thu May 07, 2015 6:00 am

wcxabyo Thu May 07, 2015 6:00 am
Hi, I've succefuly created an ORBX Cloud Game Console running Windows Server 2008. When i try to access via my browser, I can't choose which user. The doc did mention an userid, but this do nothing. How i can i login with a different account?
raza
wcxabyo

Return to ORBX on Amazon AMIs