I'm part of a research team developing a scientific application that would benefit from ORBX's streaming engine. However, we currently experience difficulties setting up ORBX on Amazon Machine Images: Every time we connect using
An alert window is displayed after a short while saying the connection has timed out.
This happened with every instance of ORBX that we tried, namely:
- * Octane Cloud Desktop, Windows (EU West)
* ORBX Cloud Game Console, Windows (EU West)
* ORBX Cloud Game Console, Linux (US East)
Every time we did the same: Connect to the AMI using RDP/SSH, retrieve the GUID key, and then connect using the aforementioned address, substituting both IP address and GUID with the ones of the machine. Additionally, we also tried a user-made GUID on the first machine. This also didn't work.
Here is a list of the things we already tried and/or made sure are correctly set up as described here:
- * Setting up a user-supplied token as described in the document. Didn't work.
* Made sure the security group is correctly set up, allowing port forwarding for the ports described in the document.
* Set up several AMIs located elsewhere (US East/EU West). No difference.
* Launched different ORBX AMIs ("Cloud Desktop", "Game Console", etc.). No difference.
The same thing happens every time: After connecting to http://aws.otoy.com/?connect=..., the browser only shows a dark grey background, then displays the aforementioned error message. I will provide several screenshots if further information is needed.
We were very excited for the possibilities this streaming engine might bring us, but right now no matter what setup, it just doesn't seem to work. We would be grateful for any help we might receive on this matter.