NEW: RNDR+ subscriptions - FAQ

Forums: NEW: RNDR+ subscriptions - FAQ
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: NEW: RNDR+ subscriptions - FAQ

Postby pegot » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:51 pm

pegot Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:51 pm
I too contacted support two days ago and am still awaiting a reply.

Yes this process is always so frustrating, with very little time given to make a decision from information that is not clear. Also last year I had problem trying to pay with PayPal and had to be sent a special link to some new payment processor – looks like those issue may still persist.

Can someone from Otoy PLEASE answer my questions regarding All Access Enterprise Maintenance Renewal vs. Signing up for new Enterprise RNDR+ Subscription. Again, I contacted support but have yet to hear from them.

(1) If I renew All Access Maintenance for 199 € do I get continued access to latest versions of Octane for 2021, Including Octane X?
(2) Will I continue to be able to use EmberGenFX till November of 2021?
(3) I Do I get access to Sculptron (is that included in All Access Maintenance)?
(4) Will I continue to be able to use beta of World Creator for the next two months?
(5) Am I able to use Network Rendering for two or more local machines – particularly one PC and one Mac running Big Sur?
(6) Is there an upgrade path from All Access Enterprise Maintenance to Enterprise RNDR+?
Win 10
3.7Ghz i9 10900k / 64GB
ASUS STRIX Z490-E
PSU: PowerSpec 850Wd
RTX 3090 Asus Tuff

Network rendering:
Win 10
4.2Ghz i7 7700k / 64GB
AsRock SuperCarrier
PSU: EVGA 1200w
RTX 3080 Ti EVGA Hybrid
RTX 3080 ASUS Tuff
GTX 1080ti SC Black (wc)
pegot
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pegot » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:45 pm

pegot Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:45 pm
Wow. Three e-mails. Still haven't heard back from support. Pretty disappointing I don't have the info I require to make sound purchasing decisions within such a limited time frame. I certainly hope Otoy extends the BF deals in case those awaiting answers want to still take advantage of it.
pegot wrote:I too contacted support two days ago and am still awaiting a reply.

(1) If I renew All Access Maintenance for 199 € do I get continued access to latest versions of Octane for 2021, Including Octane X?
(3) I Do I get access to Sculptron (is that included in All Access Maintenance)?
(4) Will I continue to be able to use beta of World Creator for the next two months?
(5) Am I able to use Network Rendering for two or more local machines – particularly one PC and one Mac running Big Sur?
(6) Is there an upgrade path from All Access Enterprise Maintenance to Enterprise RNDR+?
Win 10
3.7Ghz i9 10900k / 64GB
ASUS STRIX Z490-E
PSU: PowerSpec 850Wd
RTX 3090 Asus Tuff

Network rendering:
Win 10
4.2Ghz i7 7700k / 64GB
AsRock SuperCarrier
PSU: EVGA 1200w
RTX 3080 Ti EVGA Hybrid
RTX 3080 ASUS Tuff
GTX 1080ti SC Black (wc)
pegot
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rustyippolito » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:09 pm

rustyippolito Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:09 pm
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO TO GET YOU PEOPLE TO TAKE MY MONEY???? We REALLY would like to purchase today before we loose the special pricing but have no idea what the best path is from our current Enterprise Subs (x2). We also have three unanswered emails and would like to know how to take advantage of the deals, but also see if it makes sense to upgrade both Subs if we are using Octane on 3 workstations, or if we can just upgrade one of our current subs. It is always so confusing to give you our BlackFriday $$$.
rustyippolito
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:41 pm

Goldorak Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:41 pm
rustyippolito wrote:WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO TO GET YOU PEOPLE TO TAKE MY MONEY???? We REALLY would like to purchase today before we loose the special pricing but have no idea what the best path is from our current Enterprise Subs (x2). We also have three unanswered emails and would like to know how to take advantage of the deals, but also see if it makes sense to upgrade both Subs if we are using Octane on 3 workstations, or if we can just upgrade one of our current subs. It is always so confusing to give you our BlackFriday $$$.

Hi all - if you have a support ticket open, we will honor the BF discount while we sort out your specific upgrade path!
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Goldorak » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:19 pm

Goldorak Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:19 pm
pegot wrote:I too contacted support two days ago and am still awaiting a reply.

Yes this process is always so frustrating, with very little time given to make a decision from information that is not clear. Also last year I had problem trying to pay with PayPal and had to be sent a special link to some new payment processor – looks like those issue may still persist.

Can someone from Otoy PLEASE answer my questions regarding All Access Enterprise Maintenance Renewal vs. Signing up for new Enterprise RNDR+ Subscription. Again, I contacted support but have yet to hear from them.

Yes

With maintenance (and normal Enterprise sub), EmbergenFX works just through the beta, unless you get the 10/month extra sub after beta or are on RNDR+.

Yes

Yes, through February 1st, 2021.

As is the case now with all Enterprise subscription/maintenance plans, you will need extra Enterprise Render Nodes (individually or bundled with RNDR+) from the shop page for either Metal (Octane X) or CUDA (OctaneRender) net render to work. If you bought a standalone perpetual V3/V4 license for network rendering, we can help convert to render node license through your maintenance.

There is no network rendering between Metal/CUDA GPUs until at least 2021.1 stable release is done (both for Octane X and OctaneRender) , but actual ETA and how this will work and with what limits between various GPUs (Apple M1, AMD, Intel, Nividia - with RTX + NVLink on/off) still being worked out.

As part of the Black Friday deal (still in grace period for existing user upgrades), we offer a rebate (in RNDR tokens) for overlapping months of annual enterprise maintenance w/ new BF RNDR+ sub, just as we did for annual enterprise subs. - this is 100 RNDR tokens (100 RNDR tokens = 25 euros on the OTOY shop page right now) PER month of overlap, with a. maximum of 1000 rebate tokens.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby rustyippolito » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:28 pm

rustyippolito Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:28 pm
I currently have two Enterprise All Access subs about to expire (end of December). Here is the response i just received from support -minus the links to my account, obviously:) Hopefully this information can help some of you in my position...

Hello,
thank you for your email.
Your All Access Maintenance will expire on 2020-12-26, then your licenses v4 will require an annual maintenance upgrade in order to use Octane v2020.
Your options are as follows:

Purchase Octane Enterprise Maintenance:
12 Month Extension 199 €
24 Month Extension 349 €

Octane Enterprise Maintenance allows you to get continuous access to all future updates and new features beyond OctaneRender V4.

In order to purchase annual maintenance, please visit this link.

Annual maintenance includes the following:
- Access to Octane v2020 and any future versions of Octane throughout the duration of your subscription
- Access to all of our other plugins
- Access to ORC

After 12/24 months your licenses will be V4 perpetual.

To Upgrade your legacy V4 perpetual licenses to V2020.x perpetual licenses:
12 Month Extension 499 €
24 Month Extension 699 €

This would upgrade your v4 license permanently to v2020.In order to purchase the upgrade, please visit this link.

After 12/24 months your licenses will be v2020 perpetual.

Alternatively you could consider to purchase two Black Friday RNDR+ Ultimate bundle licenses.
RNDR+ black friday price: 359.4
RNDR+ price after black friday: 479.4

RNDR+ Ultimate bundle license includes:
- OctaneRender Enterprise Subscription
- Unlimited network rendering (10+ Octane Render nodes included with RNDR+ bundle, more available id needed)
- EmberGenFX (including future module integrations in all DCCs)
- World Creator (including future module integrations in all DCCs)
- RNDR tokens (10,000+ OctaneBench hours on sign-up)
- RNDR priority (for jobs over 5 GB)
- Usage based licensing model for future software and services built on top of the RNDR SDK
rustyippolito
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby VVG » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:53 pm

VVG Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:53 pm
V2021.x perpetual licenses (BOX)

Have information about the cost?

1.upgrade from V4
2.upgrade from 2020 perpetual
3.upgrade from 2020.x Maintenance
Win 10x64, AMD 1950x 16C/32T, RAM 32Gb, RTX 3060x3
Octane-for-C4D(R23.110)2021.x.x, Cycles4D, Centileo. Nvidia 472.47 STUDIO
VVG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:43 am

Goldorak Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:43 am
VVG wrote:V2021.x perpetual licenses (BOX)

Have information about the cost?

1.upgrade from V4
2.upgrade from 2020 perpetual
3.upgrade from 2020.x Maintenance

We've typically released perpetual licenses in ~18-24 month increments (V2 = '14, V3 = '16, V4 = '18, and V2020.2 perp. = '20) so our likely next window for a future perp. release beyond 2020.2 (which is what 2020 perpetual boxed license holders will get once it is out) is far off.

Future perpetual updates would be CUDA only and just cover boxed plug-ins like 2020.2 perpetual update coming up next. We don't expect to change pricing or maintenance for perpetual licenses anytime soon - and your maint. plan covers 2021.x versions released as subs in the time leading up to our next perp. update.

Also, note that if you have already paid up for a full 2020.2 perpetual license (bought new or with the higher price upgrade option on top of maint.), then your maintenance plan covers future perpetual updates beyond 2020.2 at no extra cost, as long as they are released when your maintenance is active (cancelling maintenance voids the offer).

One more thing - the window for older boxed V3/4 upgrades to 2020+ is likely closing ahead of the 2021 stable release.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby dobe » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:57 pm

dobe Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:57 pm
Can I Download the new Worldcreator 3 with my RNDR+ Licence?
dobe
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:11 am

Goldorak Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:11 am
dobe wrote:Can I Download the new Worldcreator 3 with my RNDR+ Licence?

Not until it is out of current beta, but it is in progress with the WC team!
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements