Page 30 of 36

Re: OctaneRender™ 2020.1.3 for Blender® 2.83 - new free tier!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:01 am
by abreukers
ItsInThe64thMix wrote:FOr some reason it keeps saying I need a subscription even though it's free. Is there something I didn't do at all?


Hi, you may have missed a step. please try again. starting with the download from here.

Re: OctaneRender™ 2020.1.3 for Blender® 2.83 - new free tier!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:52 am
by JJTTBB
Is there any chance we find a solution to Prime Server crashing ? I tried the last release and still the same... what is going on...

Re: OctaneRender™ 2020.1.3 for Blender® 2.83 - new free tier!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 pm
by mkleine
Hey there, can I use Otoy's OctaneRender Cloud (ORC) for projects made in Blender Octane Edition? If yes, how do I proceed?

Thank you!

Re: OctaneRender™ 2020.1.3 for Blender® 2.83 - new free tier!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:08 pm
by aaaaa
the license will expire in a year?

Re: OctaneRender™ 2020.1.3 for Blender® 2.83 - new free tier!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:38 am
by abreukers
JJTTBB wrote:Is there any chance we find a solution to Prime Server crashing ? I tried the last release and still the same... what is going on...

Hi, could be scene-dependent or does it happen on all scenes? are there messages in Octane log, backtrace messages from Blender? kindly send us more info. Also, are those your current system specs in your signature here?

Re: OctaneRender™ 2020.1.3 for Blender® 2.83 - new free tier!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:57 am
by abreukers
mkleine wrote:Hey there, can I use Otoy's OctaneRender Cloud (ORC) for projects made in Blender Octane Edition? If yes, how do I proceed?

Thank you!


The scene should be exported to ORBX file format, then ORC can be accessed via web browser to upload the scene and start a job. As of the time of this post, only the boxed and paid subscriptions have access ORC, however ORC can accept ORBX scene files exported from Prime versions.

Re: OctaneRender™ 2020.1.3 for Blender® 2.83 - new free tier!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:01 am
by abreukers
aaaaa wrote:the license will expire in a year?


Prime is a subscription and so its keys have an expiry date -which will auto-renew without charge.

Re: OctaneRender™ 2020.1.3 for Blender® 2.83 - new free tier!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:13 am
by aaaaa
abreukers wrote:
aaaaa wrote:the license will expire in a year?


Prime is a subscription and so its keys have an expiry date -which will auto-renew without charge.


Thanks,will the future stable release be free as well?

Re: OctaneRender™ 2020.1.3 for Blender® 2.83 - new free tier!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:36 am
by JJTTBB
abreukers wrote:
JJTTBB wrote:Is there any chance we find a solution to Prime Server crashing ? I tried the last release and still the same... what is going on...

Hi, could be scene-dependent or does it happen on all scenes? are there messages in Octane log, backtrace messages from Blender? kindly send us more info. Also, are those your current system specs in your signature here?



Good Morning,
It is not scene dependent simply because I can't even start the Prime Server... That means that I dont start Blender Octane at all... I was lucky to have the old version 2020.1_21.8 and this works fine... it installs and starts immediately... So I don't think there is something wrong with my PC.
Also, I uninstalled everything from OTOY... I have Octane Standalone 4.05
My specs are: Intel i7 , 8Gb RAM , GTX780 , Win10Pro, latest Nvidia drivers
Thank you again for your time.

Re: OctaneRender™ 2020.1.3 for Blender® 2.83 - new free tier!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:26 pm
by funk
JJTTBB wrote:Good Morning,
It is not scene dependent simply because I can't even start the Prime Server... That means that I dont start Blender Octane at all... I was lucky to have the old version 2020.1_21.8 and this works fine... it installs and starts immediately... So I don't think there is something wrong with my PC.
Also, I uninstalled everything from OTOY... I have Octane Standalone 4.05
My specs are: Intel i7 , 8Gb RAM , GTX780 , Win10Pro, latest Nvidia drivers
Thank you again for your time.


You are probably running into the AVX crash
viewtopic.php?p=386509#p386509