OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ

Forums: OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ

Postby Goldorak » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:23 pm

Goldorak Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:23 pm
a-fukufuku wrote:>NVLink (Octane 2018.1) and full Vulkan-RTX hardware acceleration (Octane 2019).
Does this mean support for both Geforce RTX and Quadro RTX?
Does Geforce RTX have some limitation?
Can both case use twice amount of memory which one GPU board has?
e.g We can only use 8GB if two 8GB memory GPUs are connected via SLI. How about Geforce RTX and Quadro RTX?

I'd appreciate it if you could reply.

Yes NV Link as of 2018.1 XB1 (viewtopic.php?f=33&t=69461) should now work with consumer RTX 2080 / 2080 Ti cards (in SLI mode - see release notes) well as RTX Quadro . We encourage users to test this re;ease with NV Link and provide feedback on it now (2018.1 is planned to get to RC later this month and at that point it will be frozen other than fixing unreported bug fixes for sable release).
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Goldorak » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:27 pm

Goldorak Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:27 pm
Lewis wrote:Hi guys,

Is this All-Acess started working now, can we use all plugins or not yet ?

Thanks

The second slave is out for Enterprise AA pass. The extra plug-ins are being released as soon as possible early next year, as detailed in the shop page and the FAQ.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Lewis » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:40 pm

Lewis Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:40 pm
Goldorak wrote:

Thanks

The second slave is out for Enterprise AA pass. The extra plug-ins are being released as soon as possible early next year, as detailed in the shop page and the FAQ.

Sorry, I'm not really sure how this works then :(.
I don't have any new slaves visible on my account (i have 3 AA perpetual/Enteprise licenses and 4th did not appear and from wha ti understood form FAQ Enterprise users don't get extra render slaves ??) . so basically you say we won't have access to all plugins till next year ? Why did then Subscription even started this year ?

I'm probably missing "All-Acess" point in e-mail i got for upgrading prices :(.
Can you please explain why does our subscription starts sooner (form day of purchase--->365 days) than actual product(s) are available ? Shouldn't then product expire date start once plugins are actually ready for use ? If no plugins are ready for all-acess buyers then it seems we payed for early beta (2018.1) standalone only while subscription period is "running out" without us being able to use that "all-acess" plugins ?

So to make it shorter, I'd like to use LW (my main plugin) Modo and 3DSMAX version of Octane 2018.x, is there any ETA when will that be possible ?

Thanks
--
Lewis
http://www.ram-studio.hr
Skype - lewis3d
ICQ - 7128177

WS AMD TRPro 3955WX, 256GB RAM, Win10, 2 * RTX 4090, 1 * RTX 3090
RS1 i7 9800X, 64GB RAM, Win10, 3 * RTX 3090
RS2 i7 6850K, 64GB RAM, Win10, 2 * RTX 4090
Lewis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:46 am

Goldorak Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:46 am
Lewis wrote:
Goldorak wrote:

Thanks

Sorry, I'm not really sure how this works then :(.
I don't have any new slaves visible on my account (i have 3 AA perpetual/Enteprise licenses and 4th did not appear and from wha ti understood form FAQ Enterprise users don't get extra render slaves ??) . so basically you say we won't have access to all plugins till next year ? Why did then Subscription even started this year ?

I'm probably missing "All-Acess" point in e-mail i got for upgrading prices :(.
Can you please explain why does our subscription starts sooner (form day of purchase--->365 days) than actual product(s) are available ? Shouldn't then product expire date start once plugins are actually ready for use ? If no plugins are ready for all-acess buyers then it seems we payed for early beta (2018.1) standalone only while subscription period is "running out" without us being able to use that "all-acess" plugins ?

So to make it shorter, I'd like to use LW (my main plugin) Modo and 3DSMAX version of Octane 2018.x, is there any ETA when will that be possible ?

Thanks

The discount for black Friday was offered on BF (hence the name) which dictated the release window. We made clear on the purchase page that the extra plug-ins (one of many things you get with AA) are rolling out in Q1, and that as of right now the AA is covering an additional slave + all updates beyond V4 (2018.1 will hit RC this month, and stable shortly after). If you wish to cancel your AA pass and get it when more plug-ins are out, please contact helpdesk - but please note that signing up for it later won't come with the BF discount, which is $60 off the regular price.

If you do decide to stick with AA, let's make sure you get your extra slaves working. You should see the extra Enterprise AA licence nodes appear on your account (one per AA), and if you don't then please contact help desk. Beyond the primary plug-in update for LW (which Juanjo is working on), the extra AA Enterprise DCC plug-ins are coming from the studio subscription tier, and once those specific plug-ins are updated with support for new versions in this tier, you can access these releases too.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Lewis » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:40 am

Lewis Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:40 am
Goldorak wrote:If you do decide to stick with AA, let's make sure you get your extra slaves working. You should see the extra Enterprise AA licence nodes appear on your account (one per AA), and if you don't then please contact help desk. Beyond the primary plug-in update for LW (which Juanjo is working on), the extra AA Enterprise DCC plug-ins are coming from the studio subscription tier, and once those specific plug-ins are updated with support for new versions in this tier, you can access these releases too.

Hi,

I only see my 3 regular licenses (combo standalone + plugin) here showing AA for standalone but only v4 for plugins and no extra nodes ? Is this correct or i need to contact help desk ?
http://prntscr.com/ltfbg1

Thanks
--
Lewis
Skype - lewis3d
ICQ - 7128177

Lewis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:45 am

Goldorak Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:45 am
Lewis wrote:
Goldorak wrote:If you do decide to stick with AA, let's make sure you get your extra slaves working. You should see the extra Enterprise AA licence nodes appear on your account (one per AA), and if you don't then please contact help desk. Beyond the primary plug-in update for LW (which Juanjo is working on), the extra AA Enterprise DCC plug-ins are coming from the studio subscription tier, and once those specific plug-ins are updated with support for new versions in this tier, you can access these releases too.

Hi,

I only see my 3 regular licenses (combo standalone + plugin) here showing AA for standalone but only v4 for plugins and no extra nodes ? Is this correct or i need to contact help desk ?
http://prntscr.com/ltfbg1

Thanks

What about under subscriptions?
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Lewis » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:12 am

Lewis Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:12 am
Goldorak wrote:What about under subscriptions?

I have this under subscriptions
http://prntscr.com/ltfrjt
--
Lewis
Skype - lewis3d
ICQ - 7128177

Lewis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby keviny » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:08 pm

keviny Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:08 pm
Lewis wrote:

Those are your slave renders. Three of them since you have three AA passes.
keviny
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Lewis » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Lewis Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:13 pm
keviny wrote:
Lewis wrote:

Those are your slave renders. Three of them since you have three AA passes.

Ok good so let me now ask this now.

I have 3 standalone + 3 plugin licenses (combo as it was called back then) and now i have extra 3 render slaves also ?
so that means i can open single license on my workstation and have 5 render slaves (2 old and 3 those new) or in total 6 PCs/nodes can render at once?
--
Lewis
Skype - lewis3d
ICQ - 7128177

Lewis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby zoppo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:38 pm

zoppo Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:38 pm
Lewis wrote:so that means i can open single license on my workstation and have 5 render slaves (2 old and 3 those new) or in total 6 PCs/nodes can render at once?

... but only in v4.x
C4D 2023 | Win10
zoppo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements