OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ

Forums: OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:56 pm

FrankPooleFloating Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:56 pm
Please know that I didn't mean anything by that, other than the whole first language thing. I am in awe of European folk who have such incredible command of the English language. Better than many we have here in the States, for sure. And my BFF is from Cuxhaven.. he's the smartest bloke I know.. so there. ;)

So to recap, does Octane need to be deactivated for a certain amount of time before my transaction will go through? I deactivated it shortly before purchase attempts.
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby keviny » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:04 am

keviny Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:04 am
FrankPooleFloating wrote:Please know that I didn't mean anything by that, other than the whole first language thing. I am in awe of European folk who have such incredible command of the English language. Better than many we have here in the States, for sure. And my BFF is from Cuxhaven.. and he's the smartest bloke I know.. so there. ;)

So to recap, does Octane need to be deactivated for a certain amount of time before my transaction will go through? I deactivated it shortly before purchase attempts.

You should be able to upgrade shortly after deactivating your license. Sounds like a PayPal issue - can you try adding a credit card to see if that will allow the transaction through?
keviny
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:05 am

FrankPooleFloating Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:05 am
All good. It was indeed a PayPal issue. PayPal wasn't letting me purchase with my checking for some reason with this purchase, and I had to switch it to use credit card, then it went through. Whew! Still got the discount. But that was weird, because I just upgraded 3D-Coat on BF and that went through with checking... Whatever. All's well that ends well.
Last edited by FrankPooleFloating on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby zoppo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:39 am

zoppo Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:39 am
FrankPooleFloating wrote:Please know that I didn't mean anything by that, other than the whole first language thing.

I know you didn't mean anything by that, I was just joking around. I should have set a smiley ;)
C4D 2023 | Win10
zoppo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Ferdinand13 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:40 pm

Ferdinand13 Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:40 pm
Hi,

So I purchased the OctaneRender® Enterprise All-Access Annual Extension and was trying to activate the additional 'render slave' promised in the marketing blurb. Initially it didn't work, i.e. the '_run_installed_daemon.bat' told me that there was no available license to run it.

I did some further digging, whereupon I realised that the download section of Octane's website offers Octane Render Standalone and Octane Render Studio (which recently was updated to version 4.00 as well). So I downloaded Octane Render Studio, installed it on both my machines, set the Octane plugin in Cinema 4D to point to the Studio version, not the Standalone version and tried again.

Voila, I just did my very first network render. Hooray!

Now, it seems though, that I suddenly got a whole lot more questions. Is Octane Render Standalone still needed, or will everything move over to the Studio version going forward? I'm a bit confused, because of Goldorak's post below:

Goldorak wrote:Yes, it could be made clearer, and I will talk to the team about it - the subscriptions do include a subscription-only version of standalone (and for V4, and only for V4, there is a subscription only network slave). The purchased standalone and DCC 'Enterprise' licences are different - they allow you to use more GPUs and include offline mode. For future versions, NV link is only in Enterprise licences, and the GPU limit will be back to 1-2.

As I said before, using the 'standard' version of Standalone v4 (which is based on the license I purchased before), I can't get the render slave to work, however it does work with the Studio version. But going by Goldorak's quote, the purchased Standalone license should offer network rendering as well, with more GPUs (and offline?).

I'm a little confused. Could someone clarify? That'd be great!
Custom PC, Intel Core i7-6800K, 48GB RAM, 3x MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Super Seahawk EK, Windows 10
Razer Blade Pro 17, Intel Core i7-10875H, 32GB RAM, 1x NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 1x EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid (eGPU), Windows 10
Ferdinand13
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:52 pm

FrankPooleFloating Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:52 pm
Crap! I hadn't realized we will not be able to get other plugs until Q1 (January?.. March?..)! I was hoping to start using Blender plug right away. :(

Can you please confirm that LightWave is going to be among the AA plugs, because I own 4.0 of that, and will certainly need 2018.1/2019 bells & whistles in that too. I'll be steamed if LightWave is not included for some reason, and I have to upgrade it separately. I noticed that Modo (for those guys) was not listed in this either:

• All-Access to the Industry's largest DCC plug-in ecosystem
Octane 'All-Access' Enterprise subscription plans, beginning in Q1 2019, can access multiple DCC plugins from OctaneRender Studio - including Maya, Cinema 4D, AutoCAD, Revit, Houdini, Blender, 3ds Max, After Effects, Nuke, Unity, and soon, Unreal Engine.
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:33 am

Goldorak Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:33 am
FrankPooleFloating wrote:Crap! I hadn't realized we will not be able to get other plugs until Q1 (January?.. March?..)! I was hoping to start using Blender plug right away. :(

Can you please confirm that LightWave is going to be among the AA plugs, because I own 4.0 of that, and will certainly need 2018.1/2019 bells & whistles in that too. I'll be steamed if LightWave is not included for some reason, and I have to upgrade it separately. I noticed that Modo (for those guys) was not listed in this either:

• All-Access to the Industry's largest DCC plug-in ecosystem
Octane 'All-Access' Enterprise subscription plans, beginning in Q1 2019, can access multiple DCC plugins from OctaneRender Studio - including Maya, Cinema 4D, AutoCAD, Revit, Houdini, Blender, 3ds Max, After Effects, Nuke, Unity, and soon, Unreal Engine.

Your primary purchased plug-in(s) always updated without limitations (e.g. v2018/2019 get offline, 40+ GPUs) if you have AA Enterprise, so you if you own LW you are covered completely. These extra all you can eat plug-ins you get to access with AA are coming from the OctaneRender Studio subscriptions, and some of these non-purchased DCC plug-ins , since they are subscription based, may be subject to a more limitations than your primary purchased DCC plug-ins ( < max GPUs and offline mode support).
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Goldorak » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:40 am

Goldorak Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:40 am
Ferdinand13 wrote:Hi,

So I purchased the OctaneRender® Enterprise All-Access Annual Extension and was trying to activate the additional 'render slave' promised in the marketing blurb. Initially it didn't work, i.e. the '_run_installed_daemon.bat' told me that there was no available license to run it.

I did some further digging, whereupon I realised that the download section of Octane's website offers Octane Render Standalone and Octane Render Studio (which recently was updated to version 4.00 as well). So I downloaded Octane Render Studio, installed it on both my machines, set the Octane plugin in Cinema 4D to point to the Studio version, not the Standalone version and tried again.

Voila, I just did my very first network render. Hooray!

Now, it seems though, that I suddenly got a whole lot more questions. Is Octane Render Standalone still needed, or will everything move over to the Studio version going forward? I'm a bit confused, because of Goldorak's post below:

Goldorak wrote:Yes, it could be made clearer, and I will talk to the team about it - the subscriptions do include a subscription-only version of standalone (and for V4, and only for V4, there is a subscription only network slave). The purchased standalone and DCC 'Enterprise' licences are different - they allow you to use more GPUs and include offline mode. For future versions, NV link is only in Enterprise licences, and the GPU limit will be back to 1-2.

As I said before, using the 'standard' version of Standalone v4 (which is based on the license I purchased before), I can't get the render slave to work, however it does work with the Studio version. But going by Goldorak's quote, the purchased Standalone license should offer network rendering as well, with more GPUs (and offline?).

I'm a little confused. Could someone clarify? That'd be great!

The extra V4 studio licence should work as a slave for V4 too - let me look into this further. With future AA updates beyond V4 planned for next year, we intend to support the extra node through a "render extender" (one master licence unlocks a second machine just for slave rendering), but that is not ready for V4 today. Until then we are bundling a full second node licence subscription to get you your second slave while we work on the simpler "RE' system.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Goldorak » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:52 am

Goldorak Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:52 am
FAQ has been updated - more info here (the URL should be viewable by everyone):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/OctaneR ... 271296516/
Last edited by Goldorak on Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby MFindt » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:44 am

MFindt Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:44 am
Hello from germany,
sorry for my question.

I own a Standalone and DAZ3d Plugin Licence for version 3. I upgraded them to 4. I is nessesary to create a subsription (20$ month) too?

I am a little bit confused.

Thanks
Michael
MFindt
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements