OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ

Forums: OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ

Postby fatrobotsneedlove » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:35 am

fatrobotsneedlove Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:35 am
Goldorak wrote:
fatrobotsneedlove wrote:
I understand that it wouldn't be perpetual like my C4D, Modo, and Standalone licenses, but you're saying that I still wouldn't have access to the Houdini plugin until sometime next year? That's not an option for me.

I don't understand why you would launch this without such a core feature. It's literally the first feature mentioned on the shop page.

Multi-plugin is one of several things you get with AA pass, the others including future updates and an extra slave (which should be on it's way shortly). While it's not ideal, a full V4+Houdini subscription is only $20/month if you must have access to it right away..

EDIT: It's really not fair to ask you to pay for this sub, so please just send this post to the helpdesk and if let them know you are switching to AA Enterprise 1-yr from a Nov 17th Houdini DCC purchase, and to comp you a Studio subscription to Houdini for 90 days so you aren't out of pocket while this gets done. Make sure you send the URL of this post. Thanks!

Thank you! I understand switching to a new structure can be difficult, so I really appreciate that you're taking the time to get it right.
4x 2080ti hybrids, 4x 980ti Hyrbids. C4D, Houdini.
fatrobotsneedlove
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby zoppo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:27 pm

zoppo Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:27 pm
I would like to get the BF discount but I am beyond confused.

My setup:
Workstation / 4 RTX cards / v3 Standalone license + plugin license
Client 1 / 4 non-RTX cards / v3 Standalone license
Client 2 / 4 non-RTX cards / v3 Standalone license
Client 3 / 3 non-RTX cards / v3 Standalone license

So when I upgrade to v4 without Enterprise All-Access Annual Extension all my Standalone and plugin licenses are upgraded to v4.
I then can use v4 on all my machines with all my cards and I am still able to run v3.08 also. Correct?

Now let's say I buy the Enterprise All-Access Annual Extension for e.g. 2 years:

I pay 358.- for the workstation license including the plugin. In this Enterprise All-Access Annual Extension one client license is included - does this upgrade my license for client 1?
So the workstation and client 1 could use all their cards with one Enterprise All-Access Annual Extension including 2018.1 and 2019.1 and so on for two years? Correct?

And if so I would have to pay another 358.- for another Enterprise All-Access Annual Extension to get client 2 and client 3 to be able to use all their cards with 2018.1 and 2019.1 and so on for two years?

So 716.- gets my whole setup running for the next two years? Correct?

After that I will just have to find out how to upgrade my USB offline dongles ...
Last edited by zoppo on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
C4D 2023 | Win10
zoppo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linvanchene » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:52 pm

linvanchene Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:52 pm
- - -

1) Is access to the OctaneRender Standalone Edition included in the 20$ a month OctaneRender® Studio Subscriptions?

Someone on another forum was confused and thought that it was needed to buy a perpetual license to have access to Octane Standalone.

I noticed that indeed the Standalone is not mentioned explicitly in the rent options.

Source:
https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-ren ... criptions/

- - -

On the buy page an "OctaneRender 4 Enterprise Standalone Edition" is mentioned.

Source:
https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/

2) Will there be different versions of Octane Standalone for Studio (rent) and Enterprise (buy) licenses?

- - -
I assume that these are just oversights with no practical relevance but ask so these potential sources of confusion could be addressed.
- - -
Win 10 Pro 64bit | Rendering: 2 x ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti TURBO | Asus RTX NVLink Bridge 4-Slot | Intel Core i7 5820K | ASUS X99-E WS| 64 GB RAM
FAQ: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio - FAQ link collection
linvanchene
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:31 am

Goldorak Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:31 am
zoppo wrote:I would like to get the BF discount but I am beyond confused.

My setup:
Workstation / 4 RTX cards / v3 Standalone license + plugin license
Client 1 / 4 non-RTX cards / v3 Standalone license
Client 2 / 4 non-RTX cards / v3 Standalone license
Client 3 / 3 non-RTX cards / v3 Standalone license

So when I upgrade to v4 without Enterprise All-Access Annual Extension all my Standalone and plugin licenses are upgraded to v4.
I then can use v4 on all my machines with all my cards and I am still able to run v3.08 also. Correct?

YES

zoppo wrote:Now let's say I buy the Enterprise All-Access Annual Extension for e.g. 2 years:

I pay 358.- for the workstation license including the plugin. In this Enterprise All-Access Annual Extension one client license is included - does this upgrade my license for client 1?
So the workstation and client 1 could use all their cards with one Enterprise All-Access Annual Extension including 2018.1 and 2019.1 and so on for two years? Correct?

YES - this actually adds (not upgrades existing licences) 1 completely new extra render slave that works with V4, and with 2018.1 and later it will be the same but through a "render extender" which is pure render slave without standalone.

zoppo wrote:
And if so I would have to pay another 358.- for another Enterprise All-Access Annual Extension to get client 2 and client 3 to be able to use all their cards with 2018.1 and 2019.1 and so on for two years?

So 716.- gets my whole setup running for the next two years? Correct?

Yes. Effectively since you just need extra render slaves with full updates, you get one extra slave now included with the AA subscription, and a total of four fully updated nodes (two extra slaves) with 2x AA Enterprise.

zoppo wrote:After that I will just have to find out how to upgrade my USB offline dongles ...

For now, you need a USB dongles for each node (next year we'd like to come up with a way for the master's USB dongle to activate AA render extender slave noes without an extra dongle needed for offline)
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Goldorak » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:37 am

Goldorak Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:37 am
Yes, it could be made clearer, and I will talk to the team about it - the subscriptions do include a subscription-only version of standalone (and for V4, and only for V4, there is a subscription only network slave). The purchased standalone and DCC 'Enterprise' licences are different - they allow you to use more GPUs and include offline mode. For future versions, NV link is only in Enterprise licences, and the GPU limit will be back to 1-2.

linvanchene wrote:- - -

1) Is access to the OctaneRender Standalone Edition included in the 20$ a month OctaneRender® Studio Subscriptions?

Someone on another forum was confused and thought that it was needed to buy a perpetual license to have access to Octane Standalone.

I noticed that indeed the Standalone is not mentioned explicitly in the rent options.

Source:
https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-ren ... criptions/

- - -

On the buy page an "OctaneRender 4 Enterprise Standalone Edition" is mentioned.

Source:
https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/

2) Will there be different versions of Octane Standalone for Studio (rent) and Enterprise (buy) licenses?

- - -
I assume that these are just oversights with no practical relevance but ask so these potential sources of confusion could be addressed.
- - -
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby zoppo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:30 am

zoppo Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:30 am
Thanks for the answers!

Goldorak wrote:
zoppo wrote:After that I will just have to find out how to upgrade my USB offline dongles ...

For now, you need a USB dongles for each node (next year we'd like to come up with a way for the master's USB dongle to activate AA render extender slave noes without an extra dongle needed for offline)

I do have three dongles, so I will have to upgrade them. I guess there is some software to do so, like the one to assign the licenses to them?

But this brings me to my final question - while I was logged in to buy the licenses I saw that "It is highly recommended that you deactivate the license(s) you are upgrading before you continue with the upgrade process."

Is this relevant for the licenses that are assigned to a dongle?
C4D 2023 | Win10
zoppo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:42 am

bepeg4d Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:42 am
Hi Zoppo,
you should be already in contact with the Support Team, let me know if you need further assistance.
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby zoppo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:49 am

zoppo Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:49 am
bepeg4d wrote:Hi Zoppo,
you should be already in contact with the Support Team, let me know if you need further assistance.
ciao Beppe

I wrote the support and Kevin is very reliable and helpful, but he's also on the other side of the earth so he answering when it's night here.

But as the BF special has been extended that's not a problem. I will wait, thanks ;)
C4D 2023 | Win10
zoppo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:30 pm

FrankPooleFloating Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:30 pm
I believe the $179 deal is getting ready to end, but I can't check out with PayPal (tried twice).. I deactivated Octane, I have a PP account and money in the bank... It says "Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time", then sent me back to the Octane store page.. Anyone have any ideas what is going on? Does Octane need be deactivated for a certain amount of time before the transaction will go through, or something like that?.. :? I really don't want to miss the discount...

And yes, this whole deal is very confusing, and seems to be a moving target. Makes me feel all stoopid and stuff when these German and Swiss dudes seem to have a better handle on this crap than me.. and English is my first language! :oops: But I'm sure I'm going to be happy with what I get for $179, provided I get everything that I think I am getting... IF I am able to make my purchase before BF deal ends...
Last edited by FrankPooleFloating on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby zoppo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:40 pm

zoppo Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:40 pm
FrankPooleFloating wrote:I believe the $179 deal is getting ready to end, but I can't check out with PayPal (tried twice).. I deactivated Octane, I have a PP account and money in the bank... It says "Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time", then sent me back to the Octane store page.. Anyone have any ideas what is going on? :? I really don't want to miss the discount...

And yes, this whole deal is very confusing, and seems to be a moving target. Makes me feel all stoopid and stuff when these German and Swiss dudes seem to have a better handle on this crap than me.. and English is my first language! :oops: But I'm sure I'm going to be happy with what I get for $179, provided I get everything that I think I am getting... IF I am able to make my purchase before BF deal ends...

HAHAHA! WE VILL BY ZE HOLE OCTANE!!!
C4D 2023 | Win10
zoppo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements