OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ

Forums: OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: OctaneRender 4 / All Access - Update FAQ

Postby sdanaher » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:10 am

sdanaher Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:10 am
crackfox wrote:hi @goldorak,

i have tried to make sense of it all, but short of reading all of the forum posts its kind of impossible to make heads or tails of all of this

----
i have been there, waiting for the announced features for months upon months.
SaaS is surely attractive for much of the software companies but in the hurry to rake in the money and lock in the costumers, the "service" part is paid little attention to.
i actually gave you the benefit of the doubt and got onto the wagon and now feel more and more scammed out of my money. i know you guys are working hard but like i said the track record has been and remains abysmal.
as joss wrote it few pages back, octane always felt like half alpha half beta, never a stable software i have serious doubts that anything will change.
----

what remains is the fact that octane provides the most gorgeous looking images out there and it saddens me that you have taken this route. i, once again, have to look into alternatives.
best render quality, best support. (beppe is the king!) horrible management apparently.
i dont mean to be vitriolic or offensive, just trying to give a user perspective. hope you take it that way. on the whole i have nothing but the greatest respect for what you are putting together, but it does not seem that you feel the same way about your users.

Hear, hear.
Windows 10 - 64GB RAM - Cinema 4D R20 - RTX 2070 x3
sdanaher
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby turtles123 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:31 pm

turtles123 Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:31 pm
I have been a long time user and a happy custumer of octane render. i am really disappointed about the new subscription model.
The subscription model is something that i really dont like.
The adobe model is basically a scam in my opinion. and i will never go back in a similar situation again.

So i hope otoy is gonna go back to sell software as they did in the past. but if they dont i see no other alternative but to use redshift.

that said octane is a really amazing piece of software, thanks for everything! bye!!
turtles123
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby OlaHaldor » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:58 am

OlaHaldor Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:58 am
I'm on the fence whether to go with the subscription model, or keep Octane 4. I am all in for options. I'd rather upgrade to 2019 perpetual than susbscription. My requirements for rendering have shifted a lot just the past couple years. I don't render as much as I used to. A perpetual license would suit me a lot more than subscription. I'd feel like I'm paying for a service I don't use, vs. having Octane ready to go at any time, even in the future.

Honest opinion; I'm disappointed.
Modo & LightWave 3D | Win 10 x64 | RTX 2080 Ti | Threadripper 2920x | 128GB
OlaHaldor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hydra » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:54 pm

Hydra Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:54 pm
I have no idea what happened and I can can't even figure out what to do to cause Octane to function.

I got the Daz plug in years ago, and that came with Octane. Now its doesn't work? What has changed? I never subscribed to anything. What is this thing called subscription? How do I know if My software is installed?

What does "license available but does not have all access" mean?

Does this mean I need something called "All Access" to use Daz Studio? I see nothing labeled "All Access" in the store...

Clear as MUD.
-----------------
Intel i7-4790K, Asus Z97-A, Corsair 32GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9, 2XAsus STRIX GTX980 DirectCU II OC 4GB, 4XSamsung 840 EVO Raid 10, Win 7 x64 Pro.
Hydra
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paride4331 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:36 am

paride4331 Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:36 am
Hi Hydra,
You are attempting to launch Octane for DAZ V2018.x instead of V4.x; you would to purchase OctaneRender All-Access Extension.
All-Access to the Industry's largest DCC plug-in ecosystem
Octane 'All-Access' Enterprise subscription can access multiple DCC plugins from OctaneRender Studio - including Maya, AutoCAD, Revit, Houdini, Blender, 3ds Max, After Effects, Nuke, Unity, and soon, Unreal Engine.

All-Access to Extra Rendering Power
For perpetual licence/enterprise customers, All-Access plans further grant a secondary render slave node plus access to the ORC cloud rendering service.

All-Access to the Future
Get continuous access to all future updates and new features beyond OctaneRender 4, including NVLink (available in Octane 2018.1) and full Vulkan-RTX hardware acceleration on Turing GPUs coming in Octane 2019.

https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/ then click on UPGRADE

Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby sinesium » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:36 am

sinesium Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:36 am
I would like to test Octane for Unreal Engine but I am a bit confused.
Currently I have perpetual active licences for Standalone + Blender for version 4.
When I try to use Octane in UE4 then I have some license issue.
How can I test Octane for UE4 based on my current licenses ?
Be patient for me, please. I am new here.
sinesium
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby SSmolak » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:53 pm

SSmolak Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:53 pm
Do I need to buy enterprise edition if I want to use network rendering ? Is there any standalone version that I can use as render slave node ? I mean Octane 2018 and up.
Architectural Visualizations http://www.archviz-4d.studio
SSmolak
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paride4331 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:35 am

paride4331 Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:35 am
sinesium wrote:I would like to test Octane for Unreal Engine but I am a bit confused.
Currently I have perpetual active licences for Standalone + Blender for version 4.
When I try to use Octane in UE4 then I have some license issue.
How can I test Octane for UE4 based on my current licenses ?

yes, you can; did you install Octane for UE4 Enterprise version https://www.otoyserver.com/unrealengine/OctaneEnterprise0_20_UE4_22.exe?
Regards
Paride
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby paride4331 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:37 am

paride4331 Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:37 am
SSmolak wrote:Do I need to buy enterprise edition if I want to use network rendering ? Is there any standalone version that I can use as render slave node ? I mean Octane 2018 and up.

Hi ssmolak,
OctaneRender Studio Subscription has the following limitations compared with a full (purchased) license:
Use of the software is available only while online, connected via the internet to the OctaneRender licensing server
Subscription licenses may not be used with non-subscription licenses (i.e. purchased licenses)
A maximum of 2 GPU's are available for rendering (OctaneRender v2018)
Network rendering is not available (OctaneRender v2018)
Regards
Paride
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby SSmolak » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:17 am

SSmolak Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:17 am
Jules Urbach said on the Facebook page that "Enterprise subs & perpetual 2019 licenses also coming soon". Is there any ETA for this ?
Architectural Visualizations http://www.archviz-4d.studio
SSmolak
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements