Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here

Forums: Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Hello World: OctaneRender 4 is here

Postby paride4331 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:43 am

paride4331 Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:43 am
bloomendale wrote:Turns out i'm too stupid for Octane.
index page says Octane 4 is here. decided to give it a try - downloaded demo - ta-dam - v3. no v4 available.
Looked through the forum - v4 is still in dev (and you can try it only by paying money) So what's the point of this "Octane 4 is here" if you can't try it unless you're a customer already, but then you already know it. "Octane 5 is here" with "Supports RTX 3080 ti" in smaller font would be even better - you can't check it anyway.

Ok bought a subscription for houdini + octane to try that v4. ta-dam - still no v4 in downloads.. only v3.
Examined forums - found only houdini plugin + octane dlls, still don't know if i'm allowed to launch v4 standalone (can't find v4 installer though)
Decided to ask in forums - ta-daam - can't post in customer's part of the forum.

am i doing something wrong?

and i'm not talking about actual features - one of first attempts - simple sphere (specular) and plane (diffuse). forgot to move sphere up - accidentaly discovered there is no nested dielectrics in here - so if plane cuts your glass sphere in half it opens a black hole in refl/refr
But it's ok, i really like PT and PMC. can render plastic sphere instead.

Hi bloomendale,
Your correct Octane license forum username is here:
https://render.otoy.com/account/index.php?
OctaneRender™ 4.0 for Houdini™ - beta build 4.00.0.16 RC6 is here:
viewtopic.php?f=102&t=69140
About Specular material and black hole, I think I don't understand what you mean, could you share a screenshot?
Regards
Paride
Attachments
01.jpg
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby tardigrad3 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:19 pm

tardigrad3 Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:19 pm
Hello everyone!

I would have some questions, if some of them will question some well known fact, forgive it, I'm quite new and uninformed due to Octane's subscription system.

right now (v3):
- OctaneRender™ for Houdini : IF Houdini Indi: "scene export and cloud rendering features will be disabled" My question here: why not just limit the sequence resolution in cloud render setup to 4K for Houdini Indi users? How the limitation of scene export will influance Houdini - Unreal bridge?
- OctaneRender™ for Autodesk® Maya® section: I see no limitations due to Maya LT in the description. Or it's not even an issue since Maya LT do not accept 3. party plugins, so basically Octane is not an option in Maya LT at all?

in the future (v4)
- I see clearly that Blender and Unity will get the benefit of the free version, up to two GPUs, I also read that C4D is not on the list to get a free tier option, I also read that to use Octane 4 in Unreal we will need to buy minimum the 20/$ month sub.... what about the other 3D aplications? Max, Maya, Houdini, Rhino... will they get this benefit / option in their plugin list just not in the first round? If yes, in that case when we can expect it?

- Is it posible that the RNDR system has something to do with offline vs online subscriptions? Let me explain: In the "Hello World: OctaneRender 4 - The Future of AI and GPU Rendering" advertisement we can see the following lines: NEW FREE TIER: - all octane features, (no watermarked) all 12(?) + DCC plugins + more, free for personal and comercial use, up to two GPUs, one PC/user, RNDR network, launch up to 2K OB/hr /job. So free tier should always be online, thats we know, could it be that the free tier option will pay by background render solving? (you know, it's a bit confusing to get something for FREE, specially a superior product as Octane and we do not have to pay anything in return, but well, there could be saints manifested as Otoy's company management :D ) To make my question more concrete: will we see a line due to the free tier and other JUST online subscription based licence agreements, that: " The software will not solve any other task than my own project with my hardware" ?

- next question is semi connected to my mentioned above subject: "Hello World: OctaneRender 4 - The Future of AI and GPU Rendering" advertisement showing a line: "users can update to Pro/Enterprice via RNDR work" do we speak about ORC here? ORC = RNDR in this stage? Don't we need payed subscription to use ORC?

Sory about my confusion, right now the v4 subscription / purchase system seems more complicated than solving all the noise source by will in a render screen :D It would be really helpfull if you would release a clear table with timelines due to all v4 subscription / purchase options. A lot of us are building workstations around render engines, so it's always welcome to see a clear picture.

Thanks if you can answer, keep up the good work!
tardigrad3

Postby bloomendale_1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:29 pm

bloomendale_1 Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:29 pm
Hi
I subscribed to octane in houdini and i have some serious! problems:
1) is there any support email out there? in case i have problems with my subscription (i'm genius - i didn't spend money on full license to stuck trying to find someone from the octane team) i'd like to get a support at least via email.
2) i can't create posts neither in public nor in customer section of the forum. Can't even post in topics in customers part. Have to do it here
3) am i supposed to report a bug in plugin via forum only? (cause i can't do it!)

Honestly, I never thought it can be that bad
bloomendale_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paride4331 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:25 am

paride4331 Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:25 am
bloomendale_1 wrote:Hi
I subscribed to octane in houdini and i have some serious! problems:
1) is there any support email out there? in case i have problems with my subscription (i'm genius - i didn't spend money on full license to stuck trying to find someone from the octane team) i'd like to get a support at least via email.
2) i can't create posts neither in public nor in customer section of the forum. Can't even post in topics in customers part. Have to do it here
3) am i supposed to report a bug in plugin via forum only? (cause i can't do it!)

Honestly, I never thought it can be that bad

Hi bloomendale_1,
https://help.otoy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby wayart » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:51 am

wayart Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:51 am
I want to know when to buy octane is the best time.
Will Black Friday be promoted?
it's always welcome to see a clear picture.
wayart
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby robmar17 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:25 pm

robmar17 Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:25 pm
I cannot start Octane 4.00 XB3. Somebody can halp me, please?
See attached file.
Best,
Roberto
Attachments
Cattura.JPG
Roberto
Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX780Ti Geforce GTX980Ti | i7 3.60GHz | 16GB
robmar17

Postby bepeg4d » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:02 am

bepeg4d Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:02 am
Hi Roberto,
that version is outdated, please have a look here:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=69243
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby frankmci » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:09 pm

frankmci Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:09 pm
wayart wrote:I want to know when to buy octane is the best time.
Will Black Friday be promoted?
it's always welcome to see a clear picture.

For $20/ month, why wait? You can always upgrade to a different license later, but you'll have plenty to use and learn in the mean time.
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Exaco » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:54 pm

Exaco Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:54 pm
Public release 2020 Q4 ? :D

Like a month ago i've read some rurmors that its almost ready, any ideas/info?

Also how the free tier will work exactly? Will it be standalone only or some plugins too? ( both free ).
Exaco
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby merid888 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:08 pm

merid888 Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:08 pm
good morning, i have a problem, the version 4.0 x3 dosen't work
add image
please, can you tell me the last version to download and install ? i am talking about the standar version
thank you
Attachments
error 4.0 to star program.jpg
not work and support too
W11 x64 Bits Workstation, 32 Gb 3200 Mghz DDR4 Corsair, Asus X570 Plus Wifi, Ryzen 9 5950x 3.4 Ghz, M2 WD Black-SN850x 1 Tb, Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM, 1 RTX A4000 16 GB, 1 Power Supply Corsair RM850x.
merid888
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements