Refractive Software LTD has a new position open for a junior developer to join the team.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, or know someone who might, feel free to contact us via email,
Here's the job description/requirements:
Junior C/C++ Software Developer Position Available
Refractive Software LTD is looking for an Junior C/C++ software developer, for a full-time position.
As a junior developer, you can join our team of enthusiastic developers in a fun, alternative work environment,
were you will be given an opportunity to expand your knowledge as you learn more advanced computer graphics development techniques.
The position entails developing UI related functionality for OctaneRender(TM), a leading GPU based real-time raytracing environment,
aswell as providing user support, managing software bug and feature tracking, designing new functionality, debugging, QA and optimization.
This position is based in Auckland, New Zealand.
As this is a junior position, we are primarily looking for someone already living in New Zealand,
relocation costs to New Zealand will be at the candidate's expense for this position.
If you think you have what it takes, contact us and send us your resume and contact via e-mail to:
ATT: Terrence Vergauwen
Refractive Software LTD
info at refractivesoftware dot com
- A minimum of 2 years experience with programming in C/C++, using MS Visual Studio and/or XCode IDEs.
- An educational degree (Bachelor or Masters) in computer science / software development or equivalent work-experience.
- Experience with object oriented programming and design concepts in C++.
- Experience with UI toolkits such as Qt, wxWidgets, knowledge of UI programming with widgets.
- Experience working with XML file formats for data storage.
- Minimal experience developing with 3D toolkits such as OpenGL.
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications.
- Experience using source code revision control systems (SVN, CVS, etc...)
- Experience working with Unix/Linux shells on Linux development computers.
Additional Bonus Experience
- Experience with CUDA, OpenCL or DirectCompute is a plus.
- Experience with 3D mathematics, vectors, matrices, 2D and 3D acceleration structures is a plus.
- Experience developing 3D Render engines and use of the concepts involved is a plus. (material systems, lighting systems, etc...)
- Experience with monte carlo mathematics, importance sampling, ray-tracing, photon-tracing, spectral colour arithmetic, optics/physics/radiometry are all plusses.
- Experience using any or multiple 3D Modeling/animation packages like Autodesk 3DS Max, Maya, Blender, Cinema 4D is also a plus.
The position is open for people in our offices in Auckland, New Zealand.
You must be willing to relocate to Auckland for the position if needed.
As this is a junior position, preference will be given to candidates who are already located in New Zealand,
International relocation is at the candidate's expense.
We can provide practical assistance with relocation.
We provide a competitive renumeration package, based on the skill-set and prior experience of the candidate.