v3 Pricing

Forums: v3 Pricing
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: v3 Pricing

Postby C-You » Wed May 25, 2016 7:16 pm

C-You Wed May 25, 2016 7:16 pm
Hi beppe,

thanks a lot for clarify - thats great to know I can do so.
C-You
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby win » Thu May 26, 2016 12:56 am

win Thu May 26, 2016 12:56 am
xenobite wrote:
echecuforum wrote:Thanks for a great product first off. I am trying to take advantage of the combo upgrade. I put the 3 upgrade and one plug in in my card but did not get the combo prices. $144 is what showed up. Earlier today I also showed a free upgrade coupon that I did not know I had but that too has disappeared. I am sure I doing something wrong. If you could point me in the right direction I will give you my money. Thanks.

I had same problem (softimage plugin) but something came to my mind:
since we have that voucher for one free plugin upgrade to v3 maybe we only have to upgrade octane? and plugin upgrade will be free once it is released?

can someone confirm this please?

Hi Xenobite
We will honor your unused v2 Softimage upgrade voucher for a v3 Softimage plugin upgrade.
Please email us on [email protected] with your v3 upgrade invoice number so we can sort it out.
Kind regards, Win
win
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby win » Thu May 26, 2016 1:04 am

win Thu May 26, 2016 1:04 am
ibyte wrote:Hi,

Even though I licensed V1 back in 2010 and I thought I was a member of the forum, I had to join again so I am currently banned from sending any PM's.

I would like to end up with my V1 Standalone license upgraded to a V3 Standalone license with a Blender plugin.

It has been a long time since I last looked at Octane Render. When the whole "online only" mode discussion was raging and no Blender plugin was in sight, I kind of lost interest in Octane Render. Now I understand there is an offline mode again and Blender is supported?

When I access the upgrade page, I may select "Upgrade to 3.x ($160). When I click continue I get a message that states

"Warning:
Your current selection does not include a V3 Standalone license, and you do not currently own a V3 Standalone license.

Octane V3 plugins require both a Standalone V3 and plugin V3 license to function, so you will not be able to proceed until you select a Standalone license to upgrade."

This is odd as I already selected my V1 to V3 upgrade on the page before.

Please guide me how to proceed?

Hi Ibyte
Would you please retry? If you have the same message displayed, would you please email a screen shot to [email protected].
Many thanks, Win
win
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby win » Thu May 26, 2016 1:19 am

win Thu May 26, 2016 1:19 am
arvinmoses wrote:Hey guys - thanks for the upgrade promos!

I'm recently coming back to octane - I bought v1 a long time ago, and have been primarily in game dev the last several years. Anyway I'm needing both an upgrade from v1 to v3 + a fresh seat of the modo plugin (not an upgrade).

Anything you guys can offer as far as an upgrade and new plugin seat? If not it's cool, but thought I'd ask. Thanks again!

Hi Arvinmoses
The v1 > v3 Standalone upgrade is a great deal, and you are saving a lot compared to a new v3 Standalone license. A v3 MODO plugin license @ $239 is a good price. Thanks for asking, but sorry, no extra deals!
Kind regards, Win
win
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby win » Thu May 26, 2016 1:26 am

win Thu May 26, 2016 1:26 am
echecuforum wrote:Thanks for a great product first off. I am trying to take advantage of the combo upgrade. I put the 3 upgrade and one plug in in my card but did not get the combo prices. $144 is what showed up. Earlier today I also showed a free upgrade coupon that I did not know I had but that too has disappeared. I am sure I doing something wrong. If you could point me in the right direction I will give you my money. Thanks.

Hi echecuforum
Please PM me with your username so I can help out with this.
Kind regards, Win
win
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby win » Thu May 26, 2016 1:36 am

win Thu May 26, 2016 1:36 am
limeforce wrote:Any info on the standalone+plugin upgrade combo offer ending time? It just says "for a limited time", anything more specific? I mean for those prices the upgrade is a no-brainer anyways and as far as I can tell v2-->v3 without combo pricing will be available indefinitely so the difference is $25 which is absolutely not a big deal, but with my art-student finances I would rather wait for the next paycheck :D

Hi
We'll let everyone know with reasonable advance warning before the special deal finishes.
Kind regards, Win
win
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby win » Thu May 26, 2016 1:44 am

win Thu May 26, 2016 1:44 am
allabulle wrote:I purchased the combo upgrade (standalone plus LightWave plug-in) several hours ago and heard nothing back. No e-mail and no license in my Otoy's account. Paypal confirmed the purchase immediately.
It said I'll receive an e-mail within half an hour. Is this a glitch that I should point to customer service or I just have to wait?

Hi Allabulle
This is now fixed. Please let the support team know on [email protected] if you are still having any difficulties.
Kind regards, Win
win
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby allabulle » Thu May 26, 2016 2:01 am

allabulle Thu May 26, 2016 2:01 am
win wrote:
allabulle wrote:I purchased the combo upgrade (standalone plus LightWave plug-in) several hours ago and heard nothing back. No e-mail and no license in my Otoy's account. Paypal confirmed the purchase immediately.
It said I'll receive an e-mail within half an hour. Is this a glitch that I should point to customer service or I just have to wait?

Hi Allabulle
This is now fixed. Please let the support team know on [email protected] if you are still having any difficulties.
Kind regards, Win

I can confirm it's now fixed. Thanks!
allabulle
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Thu May 26, 2016 2:25 am

Goldorak Thu May 26, 2016 2:25 am
Tz2016 wrote:
HWiese wrote:What about the subscription licenses? I don't feel like digging through 100 pages of forum posts. Could you Otoy guys not just come up with some info news posting containing everything there is to know about your licenses, student, subscription etc., currently available options, future plans, anything? I'm really interested in getting a subscription license, can't afford the standalone since I'm just a hobbyist rendering tinkerer, no pro.

+1

You can search our @otoy twitter feed for consolidated answers. TL;DR - we are rolling out subscriptions most likely in a month or two. We want to make sure sure the new 3.00 and ORC licensing/sign-in system is rock solid before adding this layer.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby calus » Thu May 26, 2016 6:40 am

calus Thu May 26, 2016 6:40 am
Goldorak wrote:we are rolling out subscriptions most likely in a month or two. We want to make sure sure the new 3.00 and ORC licensing/sign-in system is rock solid before adding this layer.

makes a lot of sens.
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements