NEW: You asked, we delivered: OTOY releases OctaneRender™ 2 with a dozen new features by community request

Forums: NEW: You asked, we delivered: OTOY releases OctaneRender™ 2 with a dozen new features by community request
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: NEW: You asked, we delivered: OTOY releases OctaneRender™ 2 with a dozen new features by community request

Postby Seekerfinder » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:46 am

Seekerfinder Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:46 am
Thank you Team Otoy!

Octane going from strength to strength.

Best,
Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Free upgrades for multiple plugins and one standalone license?

Postby jibbles10 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:53 am

jibbles10 Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:53 am
How many free plugin licenses can I get, because I use two plugins? I have one stand alone license, and two separate software plugin licenses. How does the free plugin upgrades work in that situation? Will I get the option to upgrade both plugin licenses for free? Thanks.
jibbles10
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: NEW: You asked, we delivered: OTOY releases OctaneRender™ 2 with a dozen new features by community request

Postby Angbor3D » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:05 am

Angbor3D Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:05 am
Good morning,

just upgraded, yet there is no voucher for the blender plugin etc. Nada - only the standalone 2.0 version download.

Please fix? :)

TIA
Angbor3D
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby geo_n » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:14 am

geo_n Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:14 am
vis4arch wrote:What is the pricing model for a network render node, is there a difference at all from the standalone version?
Or i have to buy another standalone license?
)

Any info on this would be great!
geo_n
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby glimpse » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:18 am

glimpse Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:18 am
geo_n wrote:vis4arch wrote:
What is the pricing model for a network render node, is there a difference at all from the standalone version?
Or i have to buy another standalone license?
)

Any info on this would be great!

if You're looking for network rendering with Standalone, You need as much licences as You have render nodes =) it's the same licence, nothing special (so You can use it to work with Octane too)
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby geo_n » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:30 am

geo_n Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:30 am
Does that mean if you have only 1 license then upgrade that for 99euro the next one for rendernode is the regular standalone price 299euro or is it still 99euro? This could get expensive really quick if you need 5 rendernodes, 1495euro total at regular price.
I thought they were making a good networkrender solution for v2.
geo_n
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby glimpse » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:37 am

glimpse Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:37 am
geo_n wrote:Does that mean if you have only 1 license then upgrade that for 99euro the next one for rendernode is the regular standalone price 299euro or is it still 99euro? This could get expensive really quick if you need 5 rendernodes, 1495euro total at regular price.

in that case, investing to bigger mobo, faster cards or even & expander box might be an option to consider =)

I guess we have to find balance here..& it's not much of a point for OTOY to lower the price of v2 as it's already pretty low.
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby geo_n » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:58 am

geo_n Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:58 am
glimpse wrote:
geo_n wrote:Does that mean if you have only 1 license then upgrade that for 99euro the next one for rendernode is the regular standalone price 299euro or is it still 99euro? This could get expensive really quick if you need 5 rendernodes, 1495euro total at regular price.

in that case, investing to bigger mobo, faster cards or even & expander box might be an option to consider =)

I guess we have to find balance here..& it's not much of a point for OTOY to lower the price of v2 as it's already pretty low.

Guess so. At this price for 5 rendernodes, I think I'll pass for now till I have a workstation built specifically for octane that can handle more gfx instead of buying 5 full standalone license that I will not use other than rendernodes..
There was a guy in the forums with access to hundreds of network gpu. Guess that's hundreds of standalone license he needs to buy. :mrgreen:
geo_n
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby dinf » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:11 am

dinf Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:11 am
I appreciate the 2.x version of the standalone very much, great work!

Beneath I'am wondering about what happens to volumetrics (fire, smoke..)?

It was on 3. place of your survey and one of my favorite ;)
render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37045

And I also want to know if/how/when do you offer special Rendernodes so one does not have to buy complete standalone versions for a node.

Again, thanks alot for your great work! Can't wait to use it in my 3D app :mrgreen:
| Win 10 | 64 GB RAM | AMD 5900X | RTX 3080 12 GB| C4D 21| C4Doctane v2022.1.1|
dinf
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby glimpse » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:25 am

glimpse Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:25 am
geo_n wrote:There was a guy in the forums with access to hundreds of network gpu. Guess that's hundreds of standalone license he needs to buy. :mrgreen:

keep in mind that network render is limited to 15GPUs (or somethign along those lines - I can only guess the reaseon, but let's wait & see how devs are going to put it later)
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements