NEW: OctaneRender™ for Modo® released!

Forums: NEW: OctaneRender™ for Modo® released!
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

NEW: OctaneRender™ for Modo® released!

Postby abreukers » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:41 pm

abreukers Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:41 pm
We are proud to announce the release of the OctaneRender™ for Modo® beta product. Developed by Paul Kinnane using Octane's SDK, the OctaneRender™ GPU-based rendering engine is now closely integrated into the Modo® modelling environment.

OctaneRender™ is currently recognized by many industry professionals and 3D graphic visualization artists as the most advanced and fastest GPU-based physically-based render engine with an advanced and flexible node-based workflow and user-interface. Now, with our new plugin products, you can have the most advanced, fastest physically-based render engine on the market tightly integrated into your 3D modeling and animation software.

This new plugin will provide a fast workflow and rendering pipeline suitable for interactive editing and fast final animation rendering output by using
Modo®'s environment for scene setup. Fine-tuning and animating all parameters for objects, materials, and lights are all done from within Modo®. Please see more details of this initial release below.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/87048593[/vimeo]

Renders by LIGHTFARM Studios:
alien-promo2.png

Modo - promoimage2 (lightfarm studios).png

Modo - promoimage3 (lightfarm studios).png

MODO® VERSION REQUIREMENTS

This release requires Modo701 Service Pack 4 or later, Windows Vista, 7, 8, and is 64 bit.

FUNCTIONALITY INCLUDED IN THE INITIAL BETA RELEASE

• Loads the Modo scene into Octane and renders from within Modo
  • Live camera tracking by the Octane Viewport (of the current Modo render camera)
  • Live update in the Octane Viewport of Modo and Octane materials
  • Ability to render Modo materials in the Octane Viewport
  • Modo materials can be “overridden” by an Octane Override which specifies the Octane node setup for a material, and which only applies to the Octane Viewport (ie, does not influence the Modo render)
  • Octane Overrides can be edited in the OctaneRender Setup panel, which provides Schematic based Octane node editing, and buttons to add materials, nodes, save presets, etc.
  • Access to all Octane thin lens camera, environment (IBL and daylight), resolution, imager, kernel, and post processing settings.
  • Ability to specify whether a mesh is “Live Updated” in the plugin when it changes. If not, a scene Refresh is required to update the mesh in Octane.
  • Ability to render Modo animations
  • Most Octane material node value settings and camera, imager, kernal, environment settings can be animated
  • Camera motion blur
  • Full access to the Octane material LiveDb (which are downloaded in a batch process into Modo presets)
  • Loading of Modo Mesh, Rigged meshes, Replicator and Instance items.
  • Additional button on Area and Point lights to create emitter geometry and automatically setup an emitter material

Courtesy of Zay:
modo - promoimage1 (zay).jpg

PLANNED FUNCTIONALITY (to be implemented in the open beta phase)

• Support for Modo procedural textures
  • Loading of Modo Static and Proxy meshes
  • Send viewport keystrokes to the parent window
  • Add option to use another render camera (other than the current render camera)
  • LiveDb – autoparent to the currently selected Shader Tree group
  • Add Shader Tree filter for Octane Materials
  • Octane spherical camera support

PLANNED FUNCTIONALITY (long-term)

• Enable docking of the Viewport
  • Render Region
  • Rendering of spline based geometry and curves

OCTANELIVE™

Just like OctaneRender Standalone, The Modo Plugin product also needs an OctaneLive license and needs to be activated on a machine. This has to be done whenever needed - and is covered in the manual (http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Modo/).

COMPATIBILITY AND OCTANERENDER STANDALONE REQUIREMENT

To run OctaneRender™ for Modo®, you need to have an activated OctaneRender Standalone license on the machine you wish to install the plugin onto. You cannot purchase only the Modo Plugin and use it without also owning an activated copy of OctaneRender Standalone.

HOW TO PURCHASE LICENSES

Go to our online shop here: http://render.otoy.com/shop/
A license for the plugin product alone will cost 99 € while in the initial open beta phase.

The plugin will require the user to have a valid OctaneRender™ Standalone version installed and activated. If you don't have an OctaneRender license yet, you can purchase both the plugin and the engine/standalone licenses as one bundle during the beta phase for 279 €.

You can also purchase a 3, 5 or 10 pack of OctaneRender™ for Modo® licenses, just like OctaneRender™ Standalone Edition packs.

USER MANUAL

The on-line manual is available at http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Modo/

LIMITATIONS

- Only Windows is supported at this stage. A Mac OSX version will be developed during 2014
- The Viewport cannot be docked to the Modo UI
- In order for the Octane camera to exactly match the Modo camera, the Modo camera -> Film Back -> Film Fit needs to be to “Overscan”
- Rendering of Static meshes and Proxies is not currently support, but is planned to be implemented during the beta phase
- Conversion of Modo procedural textures to Octane procedural textures is not currently support, but will be implemented during the beta phase
- Changes to Mesh subd settings do not trigger a Live geometry update (you will need to refresh the scene for this to take effect).
- Rendering Curves is not currently supported

ISSUE RESOLUTION

If you have any issues, please report them in the Modo plug-in subforum, and include the following information:

- Operating System (ie. Win Vista, 7, 8)
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) and vram - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Modo® version

Best,
The OctaneRender™ Team

* Modo® is a registered trademark of The Foundry Visionmongers Ltd and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the United Kingdom and/or other countries.
i72630QM @ 2.00GHz | 6GB RAM | 2GB GeForce GT 540M | Win7 64bit
abreukers
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: NEW: OctaneRender™ for Modo® released!

Postby Tharso » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:58 pm

Tharso Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:58 pm
I bought it..but where can I download ? tks
Tharso
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:11 pm

face_off Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:11 pm
I have started a new thread in the Modo sub-forum here for questions, support, etc. http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=38406.

I bought it..but where can I download ? tks
In your account area, go to Downloads, then select "OctaneRender for Modo" in the software dropdown box.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Tharso » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:47 pm

Tharso Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:47 pm
now it´s ok..lets have fun.. thank you
Tharso
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Obizzz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:09 am

Obizzz Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:09 am
Wohoo!

Wish I had this yesterday but it's alright :)
Obizzz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby riggles » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:03 am

riggles Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:03 am
Well, well, well. The day has arrived. Can't wait to try.

Thanks Paul!
riggles
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby VISUAL360 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:43 am

VISUAL360 Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:43 am
hi paul

congrats on launching the beta plugin.

before i purchase, can you tell me if having hdr light studio and the new mesh fusion plugin would effect your plugin in any way?

Thanks.
VISUAL360
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:32 am

face_off Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:32 am
can you tell me if having hdr light studio and the new mesh fusion plugin would effect your plugin in any way?

The beta testers tell me that the HDR Light Studio plugin works nicely with the Octane plugin, and as you change the HDR image, the Octane plugin updates the Octane Texture Environment to use the new plugin. MeshFusion is OK too - although my understanding is that both use the Modo Schematic heavily, so you will have (separate) workspaces for each Octane materials and MeshFushion object.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby understand » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:18 pm

understand Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:18 pm
Fantastic work! As a MODO user I am very happy with the work and the result. Paul rocks!
Win 8.0 64-bit | Gainward 460 GTX 2048mb (driver: latest) | Phenom 965 3.4ghz 140w | 12GB
Win 8.1 64-bit | EVGA 780ti Superclocked 3072mb (driver: latest) | i7 4930k 3.4ghz | 32GB
Win 7 64-bit Bootcamp | 650M 1GB (driver: 327.23) | i7 2.7ghz | 8GB
understand
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Obizzz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:31 pm

Obizzz Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:31 pm
I already have it up and running and as soon as I send off the next image to my client (rendered in standalone) I'll play some more.
Obizzz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to News & Announcements