OTOY announces advisory board

Forums: OTOY announces advisory board
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: NEW : OTOY announces advisory board

Postby Goldorak » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Goldorak Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:49 pm
I will be sure to let Santa know ;)
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Paulski » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Paulski Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:07 pm
Jeez, people are over reacting massively. Stop feeling entitled to get something from a software that it so far never was. Until Octane is not ready for use in a professional pipeline, stop expecting it to be able to be used in that manner.
Thats like using a Philips screwdriver with a torx screw, just stupid to expect the screwdriver to put that screw into the hole. Maybe they will develop that screwdriver to make that screw go into that hole but until they do its useless to complain.
They never promised anything you guys are currently requesting. Also which software has a monthly release cycle like Octane has most of the time? Octane is developing crazy fast, I'm just thinking about Vray for C4D which took them nearly 2 years to rewrite their core and bring the new major 1.8 release out.

What I personally like to hear more is if Octane will focus on this Cloud thing or if the offline client will always have equal focus and wont be abondand in favor for the cloud stuff.
The cloud edition sounds really great but I think it should be understandable that users simply wont trust your servers and especially their ISP to have the same reliability as their workstations. It will take a long long long time until an industry like this will have the same trust in cloud computing, if ever.
It will always be a great addition but surely can't replace the offline workflow.
Last edited by Paulski on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paulski
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:36 pm

Goldorak Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:36 pm
Right now the offline app is the focus for Octane Render (other than network rendering on a cluster which is done). The cloud service is there to allow users, only those who choose to do so, to run Octane Render on demand and without the requirements of local hardware. We are doing our best to do this in conjunction with software from partners like Autodesk, who are also looking to tap into to the cloud through ORBX.js/OTOY on Amazon etc. This is an important and growing market.

Just to be clear, the team working on the cloud streaming technology has never and will never take any engineering cycles away from Octane Render development. We're hiring more engineers to dedicate to Octane Render, as we have done over the past 15 months.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Paulski » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:19 am

Paulski Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:19 am
Good to hear, so the cloud rendering service will always be a side product for Octane?
I really like all these cloud services that come up but I really would hate to see the offline alternative to go away because of that.
Paulski
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mbetke » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:50 am

mbetke Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:50 am
I don't understand why so much of skepticism is in this forum - that doesn't help to move things forward. A bit of sad,..

I like this. It shows the community and usebaser is not just a biased bunch of fanboys like on other forums. ;)
PURE3D Visualisierungen
Sys: Intel Core i9-12900K, 128GB RAM, 2x 4090 RTX, Windows 11 Pro x64, 3ds Max 2024.2
mbetke
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby cfrank78 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:56 am

cfrank78 Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:56 am
Right now the offline app is the focus for Octane Render (other than network rendering on a cluster which is done). The cloud service is there to allow users, only those who choose to do so, to run Octane Render on demand and without the requirements of local hardware. We are doing our best to do this in conjunction with software from partners like Autodesk, who are also looking to tap into to the cloud through ORBX.js/OTOY on Amazon etc. This is an important and growing market.

Just to be clear, the team working on the cloud streaming technology has never and will never take any engineering cycles away from Octane Render development. We're hiring more engineers to dedicate to Octane Render, as we have done over the past 15 months.

Thats exactly what i wanted to hear. Thank you for that statement Goldorak!

In the past i saw too often, how very good software products came up, autodesk bought it and.......So i allways get nervous when i see Autodesk gets involved. Not only me, many other users are afraid of that too.

You must understand us users. Some of us put very much effort in this forum and help. Me and many others, help for example Ahmet since many months to improve and test C4D plugin. We test, give feedback, bring ideas, make videos and so much more. This costs very much hours/days/weeks of our free time, but we hope we can help to make a product, thats far beyond others, cause Octane has the capability to do so. When we see on the other hand, that the developers of the SDK dont talk to us and do not give us some infos, we get frustrated and ask ourselfs, if we put our efforts on the wrong horse. Who would want that?

Ahmet improoved the plugin so far, that even really great MotionBlur is now possible and many other very great functionalitys will be built in very soon. This features will make C4D users very happy. He writes in the threads every day, listens to his users and helps,whenver he can! So do Paul from Rhino thread and Karba too. We would wanna have this from you guys too :-)

4 Month ago i offered you guys to help to make some ultra realistic gold/silver/platinum Materials for Live database. I am a goldsmith and have the opportunity to do so. 1 day after that your wrote me a PM. I answered and then........nothing!

Kind regards Chris!
cfrank78
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Paulski » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Paulski Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:25 pm
cfrank78 wrote:
4 Month ago i offered you guys to help to make some ultra realistic gold/silver/platinum Materials for Live database. I am a goldsmith and have the opportunity to do so. 1 day after that your wrote me a PM. I answered and then........nothing!

I would love to see that! What speaks against of just uploading the materials to the database?
Paulski
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OTOY announces advisory board

Postby iamduykts1 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:06 pm

iamduykts1 Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:06 pm
thanks you so much
iamduykts1

Previous

Return to News & Announcements