OctaneRender for Revit released

Forums: OctaneRender for Revit released
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: NEW : OctaneRender for Revit released

Postby BKEicholtz » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:50 pm

BKEicholtz Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:50 pm
face_off wrote:
This is very interesting! I have the license for standalone and 3ds Max. However, I model in REVIT. I would love to stay in REVIT and use the Octane Plug-in. However, I am a big fan of iToo Forest Pack for my landscaping. What would be the recommended solution for adding grass and landscaping?

The Revit plugin provides the ability to import OBJ files, so you can import XFrog (and other sourced OBJ files) trees and grass - they are imported as proxies for Revit objects. I haven't used Forest Pack - but it sounds like it's like the ArchVision props and not available as OBJ?

Paul

Thanks, Paul. My skills are limited to working with Forest Pack within Max. How would I go about creating grass within REVIT?
ASRock Extreme11 | i7 3970x 5.0 Ghz | 32gb RAM | (4) EVGA SC Titans
BKEicholtz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: NEW : OctaneRender for Revit released

Postby face_off » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:38 am

face_off Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:38 am
My skills are limited to working with Forest Pack within Max. How would I go about creating grass within REVIT?

I use a grass obj file which is about a 1m x 1m patch of grass. You can scale it up in the plugin to cover a bit more ground if needed. You can either proxy it to a piece of unrendered geometry on the topology surface a few times, or load a CSV transform file to "scatter" it. As this is the first release of the plugin, it does not yet scatter the grass for you, however there is a spreadsheet you can use (I think Jereon Tapper might have put it together), or you can use the Phantomscatter utility that is being worked on. In the long-term the plugin will most likely generate the scatter file for you (as the ArchiCAD plugin does).

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to News & Announcements