OctaneRender for Revit released

Forums: OctaneRender for Revit released
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

OctaneRender for Revit released

Postby RayTracey » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:27 am

RayTracey Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:27 am
We are proud to announce the release of OctaneRender™ for Revit, which fully integrates the OctaneRender™ GPU-based engine is now closely integrated into the Autodesk Revit modelling environment.

OctaneRender™ is currently recognized by many industry professionals and 3D graphic visualization artists as the most advanced and fastest GPU-based physically-based render engine with an advanced and flexible node based workflow and user interface. Now, with our new plugin products, you can have the unparallelled quality and ease of use of the fastest physically-based render engine on the market tightly integrated into your 3D modeling and animation software.

This new plugin will provide a fast workflow and rendering pipeline suitable for interactive editing of lights, camera, materials and object placement together with fast final animation rendering output by using Revit's environment for scene setup.

2014sample.png
Sample Advanced Scene 2 (1).png
Sample Post Processing (1).png
Samples Texture Environment 2.png
Sample (1).png

The following renders were made with OctaneRender for Revit by Clive Broadhurst and
are directly saved from the plugin viewport without any additional post processing:

boardroom_fourth.png
Commercial_Building2f.png
houses_hdri3.png

REVIT VERSION REQUIREMENTS

This release requires Revit 2012, 2013 or 2014, 64bit (32 bit can be provided if needed), on Windows Vista, 7 and 8. There are some minor differences between running the plugin on Revit 2012/2013 and running it on Revit 2014. Revit 2014 allows for an improved geometry loading method, so the Revit 2014 version of the plugin contains more accurate UV mapping and faster scene loading. So Revit 2014 is the preferred host version for the plugin.

FEATURES/FUNCTIONALITY

- Automatic conversion of Revit material and geometry into Octane
- Ability to change any camera, resolution, environment, imager, kernel or postprocessing setting (as per Octane Standalone)
- Full editing of Octane materials (for materials converted from Revit materials)
- Rendering of Flythroughs and Sun/Solar Studies
- Save rendertarget as the default rendertarget for new scenes
- Rendertarget can be exported and imported into different scenes or Revit views (ie. save your IBL settings for quick loading in other scenes)
- Octane Materials can be exported and saved as "default" for when they are next used
- The Viewport can be configured to auto-saved every X samples
- The Viewport camera tracks the Revit camera position, rotation, zoom, etc.
- Octane LiveDB support (materials can be laoded from the LiveDB)
- Individual Cuda devices can be enabled/disable, and the Render Priority set
- The render can be paused, continued and saved
- Mouse click the Viewport to set the focus distance
- When "daylight" lit, the sun direction is taken from the Revit sun position (this is the case for fly-thru and sun studies too)
- Materials and nodes can be copy and pasted
- Select a Revit element and the materials for the element can be selected from to view the Octane material for that Revit material
- Geometry proxies (OBJ files can be loaded in to replace Revit Components in the Octane scene). Proxies can be scaled and rotated, and materials can be
edited.
- Instancing support - where geometry proxies can be replicated many times according to an import CSV transform file
- A background image can be loaded for determining the current lighting for later composition.
- Materials can be applied from a list of Favourites
- Viewport Navigation, which allows navigation of the Revit scene via the Octane Viewport (using mouse dragging).

COMPATIBILITY AND OCTANERENDER STANDALONE REQUIREMENT

To run OctaneRender™ for Revit, you need to have an activated OctaneRender™ Standalone copy on the machine you wish to install the plugin onto. You cannot purchase only the Revit plugin and use it without also owning an activated copy of OctaneRender™ Standalone on your machine.

DEMO VERSION AVAILABLE

A demo version will be available shortly.

MANUAL

The on-line manual is available at render.otoy.com/manuals/Revit/.

HOW TO PURCHASE LICENSES

Go to our online shop here: http://render.otoy.com/shop/

A license for the plugin product alone will cost 99 € while in the initial open beta phase, and 199 € when the final version of the plugin is released.

The plugin will require the user to have a valid OctaneRender™ Standalone version installed and activated. If you don't have an OctaneRender license yet, you can purchase both the plugin and the engine/standalone licenses as one bundle during the beta phase for 279 euros.

You can also purchase a 3, 5 or 10 pack of OctaneRender™ for Revit licenses, just like OctaneRender™ Standalone Edition packs.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Please follow the installation instructions in the online manual.

OCTANELIVE®

Just like OctaneRender Standalone, The Revit plugin product also needs an OctaneLive license and be activated on a machine. This has to be done in the plugin interface, and is covered in the manual. It can only be done after an OctaneRender Standalone license is already activated on the machine in question.

NVIDIA DRIVER REQUIREMENTS

This version requires video driver 301.42 or higher.

ISSUE RESOLUTION

If you have any issues, please report them here, and include the following information:

- Operating System (ie. Win Vista, 7, 8)
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Revit version

Cheers to all,

from the OctaneRender™ Team
RayTracey
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: NEW : OctaneRender for Revit released

Postby Jorgensen » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:52 am

Jorgensen Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:52 am
So if I buy the Beta, I'll have to buy the final release also?

Thanks
Jorgensen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:18 am

face_off Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:18 am
So if I buy the Beta, I'll have to buy the final release also?

I can't speak on behalf of Otoy - but my best guess is "No" - your beta license should give you access to the final release (that's the way it's worked with the other plugins that have come out of beta). "Final release" really just means the plugin has come out of beta, is bug free, and functionally complete.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Jorgensen » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:34 am

Jorgensen Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:34 am
Ah ok, thank for clearing this out.
Jorgensen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sauger » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:55 am

Sauger Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:55 am
Great news :D
Most exited by this plugin, will make my life easier.
3x I7/16gb/GTX570/XFX5870/GTX Titan
Sauger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Curcis » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:35 pm

Curcis Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:35 pm
Hi everybody, i bought the plugin this afternoon!
i m waiting for the activation link (i m in France).

What about the revit link to 3dsmax? I already have the plugin for max and i would like to know whats hapen if you want to finish your render production in 3dsmax? y Hope you keep the materials of Revit?

I'm very in a hurry to test it and to test the difference withe 3dsmax!

Cheers to everybody! :D :D :D
Curcis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:56 pm

face_off Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:56 pm
What about the revit link to 3dsmax? I already have the plugin for max and i would like to know whats hapen if you want to finish your render production in 3dsmax? y Hope you keep the materials of Revit?

If you export from Revit to 3ds max via FBX, there is no facility in FBX to store the Octane materials - so you would need to redo the Octane materials in the 3ds plugin. However, the goal of the Revit plugin is that there not be a need for 3ds max. The only things I can think of that 3ds offer which Revit + the plugin doesn't is re-UV mapping geometry, and tweaking emitter geometry. The new Alembic import/export announced for Octane 1.5 may also improve the link between the Revit plugin and the 3ds plugin.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:03 pm

face_off Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:03 pm
If you have the plugin and have specific questions, comments, support needs etc - there is a new forum "Autodesk Revit" in the "Plugin Discussion/Support" for this.

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby BKEicholtz » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:51 pm

BKEicholtz Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:51 pm
This is very interesting! I have the license for standalone and 3ds Max. However, I model in REVIT. I would love to stay in REVIT and use the Octane Plug-in. However, I am a big fan of iToo Forest Pack for my landscaping. What would be the recommended solution for adding grass and landscaping?

Thank you for your work on this!
ASRock Extreme11 | i7 3970x 5.0 Ghz | 32gb RAM | (4) EVGA SC Titans
BKEicholtz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:38 pm

face_off Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:38 pm
This is very interesting! I have the license for standalone and 3ds Max. However, I model in REVIT. I would love to stay in REVIT and use the Octane Plug-in. However, I am a big fan of iToo Forest Pack for my landscaping. What would be the recommended solution for adding grass and landscaping?

The Revit plugin provides the ability to import OBJ files, so you can import XFrog (and other sourced OBJ files) trees and grass - they are imported as proxies for Revit objects. I haven't used Forest Pack - but it sounds like it's like the ArchVision props and not available as OBJ?

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Next

Return to News & Announcements