OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ v1.10 released

Forums: OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ v1.10 released
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: NEW : OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ v1.10 released

Postby juanjgon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:51 pm

juanjgon Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:51 pm
gordonrobb wrote:OK, just given up using the plugin as a renderer for quick, but good looking, test renders. The fact that it pre-processes before every frame is a nightmare. it was taking about 4 times the render time to preprocess. Why is this, and is there a setting I can use to make it not happen?

How complex is your scene and what time plugin need for pre-processing? ... next release is going to have multitherad pre-processing who is a lot faster if you have objects with a lot of polygons.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby juanjgon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:53 pm

juanjgon Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:53 pm
gordonrobb wrote:OK, just given up using the plugin as a renderer for quick, but good looking, test renders. The fact that it pre-processes before every frame is a nightmare. it was taking about 4 times the render time to preprocess. Why is this, and is there a setting I can use to make it not happen?

And if you are rendering and animation with only camera, objects or lights transformations (without object deformations or dinamics) you can set the render mode to "update only transformations", what allow to the plugin render the sequence without reloading the scene for each frame.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby gordonrobb » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:10 am

gordonrobb Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:10 am
Ah cool. I'll look into that then. It's very simple scene. one object turntable is all.
Windows 8 Pro | i7 3770 OC | 32 GB Ram | Single Titan (plus Black Edition on Order) | Octane Lightwave |
gordonrobb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:12 pm

FrankPooleFloating Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:12 pm
Just today I was finally able to buy and play with plug -- had a huge job
and was working 14hr days for the past couple weeks....

OMFG :shock: I feel like a giddy little schoolgirl... :lol:

Can't wait to get 1.11 version (and beyond)... not bitchin'.. just sayin'...
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:42 pm

juanjgon Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:42 pm
FrankPooleFloating wrote:Just today I was finally able to buy and play with plug -- had a huge job
and was working 14hr days for the past couple weeks....

OMFG :shock: I feel like a giddy little schoolgirl... :lol:

Can't wait to get 1.11 version (and beyond)... not bitchin'.. just sayin'...

Great, thanks :) ... can't wait to see you first image ;)

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby juanjgon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:06 pm

juanjgon Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:06 pm
New feature for the next release: the new panoramic camera, with spherical and cylindrical projections.

-Juanjo
Attachments
image-000138.jpg
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby pinochio » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:51 pm

pinochio Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:51 pm
Nice. definitively a useful feature.
And I might say, closer and closer?

... to the baking camera. :)

pinochio
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:00 am

juanjgon Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:00 am
gristle wrote:Are LW vertex normal maps supported instead of using a smoothing angle?
I could not find anything in the docs about it. Pretty important for rendering models from CAD packages.

Got it running on 275 now, thanks Juanjo

I am working in the support of vertex normal maps, I hope to have it done soon, for the next plugin release.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby polytek » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:59 am

polytek Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:59 am
juanjgon wrote:
polytek wrote:juanjgon, just a question, maybe it's just me having a little problem to adjust from the standalone to the lightwave plug, it feels kinde strange....but my question is..in stand alone some input parameters are don with sliders (from 0 to 1 value, etc...), in the plug these value are replaced with a black to white tone wich represend the value 0 to 1 i guess (for example the specular input for the glossy material), and some inputs like for example "bump power value" has a numeric input if you plug in a texture image....now my problem is wat is the range off these values, is it from 0 to 1 (where 0 is nothing and 1 is max) for bump value, are is there no limit wath so ever...it would be easier for me to now wat range and influence these settings have, you now a min max representation.....anyway very nice plug....but i nead to get my head arround it

Polytek

Yes, you are right, at some point I am going to add limits to all plugin parameteres, it is in my roadmap.

-Juanjo

Sorry to come back on this topic Juanjo, is it possible to make some kind off slider setup (sorta like the property panel in oct stand alone) in the nodal view for easy selecting, inputting capability with upper and down limit where the input has no influence any more, also a range from 0 to 1 is very limited because you have to dail with decimals, is a valua between 0 and 100% not easier to work with?

Any kind off material view possible in the future?

I dont want to sound rude are impatienced, maybe i am wrong about some views how to make it easier to select and handle materials....just an idee

Highest regards,
Polytek
win 8.2 / 64 / systemmem 27Gb / gtx 750Ti & asus stricks Gtx 780 6Gb
polytek
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:39 pm

FrankPooleFloating Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:39 pm
Juanjo, any way you can add 32bit PNG save option in next release? Pretty please.. with sugar
on top.

The alphas in TGA's are perfect - and ultimately yields the same result after separating in PS...
but with PNG, this is already done for me.. and when we are talking about many images.......
please add png32 if you can.

Shit - I think the last time I touched TGA's was when I was dumping them on a bernoulli back
in '94... just kidding.. they have their place.. but they are so 90's! :lol:

Are EXR's coming?.. sorry if this has all been discussed.. do not remember seeing anything about
exr or png32...

Speaking of saving images -- sometimes (no rhyme or reason it seems) I can't save an image...
no save dialog pops up.. closing IPR and reopening did not even fix one time.. had to reload
scene (LW - not IPR)... has anyone else had this happen?
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements