OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ v1.10 released

Forums: OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ v1.10 released
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: NEW : OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ v1.10 released

Postby rojharris » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:18 pm

rojharris Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:18 pm
Hi There,

I'm new to Octane and still getting my head around a few things but I am liking the results I'm getting so far. One question though, When I set up a scene in LW with no octane lights and no environment set, how come the scene is still lit? I'm seeing an overall diffuse light even though my bg is set to black (although it makes no difference what I set it to in the backdrop panel). I would have expected a black bg until I 'switched on' an environment??

Thanks
Roger
rojharris
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:44 pm

juanjgon Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:44 pm
rojharris wrote:Hi There,

I'm new to Octane and still getting my head around a few things but I am liking the results I'm getting so far. One question though, When I set up a scene in LW with no octane lights and no environment set, how come the scene is still lit? I'm seeing an overall diffuse light even though my bg is set to black (although it makes no difference what I set it to in the backdrop panel). I would have expected a black bg until I 'switched on' an environment??

Thanks
Roger

By default if you don't have octane lights, emissive geometry or an evironment node inside the render target node editor, plugin add a white texture environment to allow see something whithout more settings. If you want a scene without any kind of environment lighting you must add to the render target a texture environment with color set to black.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby rojharris » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:47 pm

rojharris Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:47 pm
Ah, great. Thanks Juanjo
rojharris
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:54 pm

juanjgon Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:54 pm
rojharris wrote:Ah, great. Thanks Juanjo

In fact plugin always add a pure white texture environment if you don't have any environment linked in the render target editor, even if you have lights or emissive geometry in the scene.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby aw1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:10 pm

aw1 Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:10 pm
Hi,
Is there anyway to animate target of focus to make "shifting focus" effect? I want to make a null and use it as the focus object and animate it to make shifting focus effect..

Thanks
Windows 7 Pro, i7 4770, 16 GB Ram, 1TB SSD, Asus GTX780Ti 3GB
aw1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:12 pm

juanjgon Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:12 pm
aw1 wrote:Hi,
Is there anyway to animate target of focus to make "shifting focus" effect? I want to make a null and use it as the focus object and animate it to make shifting focus effect..

Thanks

You only need to link a LW constant node to animate any render targer parameter unsing the constane "E" envelope.

-Juanjo
Attachments
image000131.jpg
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby aw1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:28 pm

aw1 Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:28 pm
juanjgon wrote:
aw1 wrote:Hi,

Thanks

You only need to link a LW constant node to animate any render targer parameter unsing the constane "E" envelope.

-Juanjo

Working :)
Thanks
Windows 7 Pro, i7 4770, 16 GB Ram, 1TB SSD, Asus GTX780Ti 3GB
aw1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby polytek » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:02 pm

polytek Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:02 pm
juanjgon, just a question, maybe it's just me having a little problem to adjust from the standalone to the lightwave plug, it feels kinde strange....but my question is..in stand alone some input parameters are don with sliders (from 0 to 1 value, etc...), in the plug these value are replaced with a black to white tone wich represend the value 0 to 1 i guess (for example the specular input for the glossy material), and some inputs like for example "bump power value" has a numeric input if you plug in a texture image....now my problem is wat is the range off these values, is it from 0 to 1 (where 0 is nothing and 1 is max) for bump value, are is there no limit wath so ever...it would be easier for me to now wat range and influence these settings have, you now a min max representation.....anyway very nice plug....but i nead to get my head arround it

Polytek
win 8.2 / 64 / systemmem 27Gb / gtx 750Ti & asus stricks Gtx 780 6Gb
polytek
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:22 pm

juanjgon Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:22 pm
polytek wrote:juanjgon, just a question, maybe it's just me having a little problem to adjust from the standalone to the lightwave plug, it feels kinde strange....but my question is..in stand alone some input parameters are don with sliders (from 0 to 1 value, etc...), in the plug these value are replaced with a black to white tone wich represend the value 0 to 1 i guess (for example the specular input for the glossy material), and some inputs like for example "bump power value" has a numeric input if you plug in a texture image....now my problem is wat is the range off these values, is it from 0 to 1 (where 0 is nothing and 1 is max) for bump value, are is there no limit wath so ever...it would be easier for me to now wat range and influence these settings have, you now a min max representation.....anyway very nice plug....but i nead to get my head arround it

Polytek

Yes, you are right, at some point I am going to add limits to all plugin parameteres, it is in my roadmap.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby polytek » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:50 pm

polytek Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:50 pm
That's fine, you've don a marbelous job so far....

Greetsss
win 8.2 / 64 / systemmem 27Gb / gtx 750Ti & asus stricks Gtx 780 6Gb
polytek
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements