OctaneRender for ArchiCAD released

Forums: OctaneRender for ArchiCAD released
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: OctaneRender for ArchiCAD released

Postby cestquoiladresse » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:19 am

cestquoiladresse Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:19 am
With two 1080Ti and a AMD for the screen, my mac is ready to work
Although Archicad was born on OSX, I have to work on Windows with this excellent Octane plugin
The restart is therefore unavoidable
There is so much excitement around Archicad about rendering images that I do not understand why this plugin does not come out natively on OSX
Apple is ready

The great strength of the Octane plugin is to work without leaving the project file
For my part I work in BIM level 3 that is to say that several designers working simultaneously on a single 3D model by a cloud

I integrate the project remotely much like a gmail account and I enriched the project Archicad of elements related to computer graphics but ...
I always need to get out of my professional work environment only to be able to use Octane

By the windows version many features seem to malfunction :
- it is often necessary to close the viewpoint and then open again it to update the scene : the update button sometimes seems to be inoperative
- solid element operations are the elementary principle in Archicad for modeling a mesh : mesh seems to be disable to recieve scatter or grass generation on mesh with solid element operations

Finaly in spite of these small inconveniences I am a very big fan of Octane standalone to prepare my textures and my objects and I am even more adept of the plugin Archicad because today it is the most powerful solution of the market. 80% of my architectural clients work on Archicad since OSX, so they can not know Octane ...
Christophe FORTINEAU
BIM teacher by Archicad
www.cestquoiladresse.com
cestquoiladresse

Postby face_off » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:55 pm

face_off Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:55 pm
By the windows version many features seem to malfunction :
- it is often necessary to close the viewpoint and then open again it to update the scene : the update button sometimes seems to be inoperative
- solid element operations are the elementary principle in Archicad for modeling a mesh : mesh seems to be disable to recieve scatter or grass generation on mesh with solid element operations
If you have issues with the plugin, pls post them in the ArchiCAD plugin support forum at https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=56, and include the requested information detailed in the first post at https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=55227.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby eph » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:10 am

eph Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:10 am
The ArchiCAD market is growing, as more and more countries are requiring architect firms to deliver BIM models...

I have the impression that with OctaneRender 4 and its AMD support (and hopefully in the meantime a more unified ArchiCAD API) a macOS plugin should be easier to compile..?
Is there any chance of further development on this front once OR 4 is released?

Thanks in advance!
eph

Postby face_off » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:35 am

face_off Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:35 am
I have the impression that with OctaneRender 4 and its AMD support (and hopefully in the meantime a more unified ArchiCAD API) a macOS plugin should be easier to compile..?
Is there any chance of further development on this front once OR 4 is released?
An OSX version of the plugin is on the long-term TODO list.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby eph » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:15 pm

eph Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:15 pm
face_off wrote:An OSX version of the plugin is on the long-term TODO list.

Paul

OK thanks for your answer. I suppose there is no rough indicatory timeframe (order of beta in 6 months or 2 years) to be given..? ;)
eph

Postby face_off » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:17 am

face_off Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:17 am
I suppose there is no rough indicatory timeframe (order of beta in 6 months or 2 years) to be given..?
There is no timeline in place for this yet - sorry.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby temppu » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:11 am

temppu Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:11 am
Hey,
New information on the mac version?
It is badly needed. Maxwell render is the only way to produce images from arhicad and it is way too slow ..
temppu

Postby face_off » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:39 pm

face_off Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:39 pm
temppu wrote:Hey,
New information on the mac version?
It is badly needed. Maxwell render is the only way to produce images from arhicad and it is way too slow ..
Hi. Unfortunately I do not think there will be a macOS version of the plugin in the near future.

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to News & Announcements