This is a list of some of the features currently in the plugin...
- All ArchiCAD geometry loading into the Octane scene
- All UV mapping reproduced correctly
- Viewport can be pause/resumed, scrolled and the image saved
- Button to lock the scene (once clicked, you can keep working on your ArchiCAD scene and changes do not propagate to the Viewport)
- Ability to either drag the Viewport to resize, or lock the viewport and resize it through the rendertarget settings
- All rendertarget and material settings can be edited as you can in OctaneRender Standalone (nodes connected via a tree structure rather than the node graph)
- LiveDB implemented
- All ArchiCAD materials (incl GDL materials) automatically get converted to OctaneRender materials (the "Internal Renderer" settings are used). NOTE: GDL materials of the same name are merged.
- Ability to save material "defaults" (so the next time that material is used in an ArchiCAD scene, the "default" OctaneRender node setup is applied
- Ability to export and import OctaneRender materials
- Cuda devices can be enabled/disabled
- OctaneLive account can be activated/deactivated
- Progressively save a render (every X number of samples)
- If using "daylight" environment in the rendertarget, the sun direction is taken from the ArchiCAD sun direction
- ArchiCAD Photorender, sun studies and fly-throughs all use the plugin renderer
- Configuration screen to adjust some material conversion settings, change Viewport refresh rate
- Opening the Viewport requires the user to be viewing an ArchiCAD Perspective camera window. Axonometry cameras, are not supported, however the user can open the viewport with the perspective camera and then enable "orthographic" in the "rendertarget" camera.
- When the user updates the geometry in the ArhciCAD screen, they click the "Refresh" button in the plugin to update the geometry in the OctaneRender Viewport
- All OctaneRender materials and settings are saved in the ArchiCAD scene pln file
- Importing of HDR files is supported (for image, alphaimage and floatimage nodes)
Both instancing and geometry proxies will be supported in the plugin, but not in the initial version.