Preview of OctaneRender for ArchiCAD

Forums: Preview of OctaneRender for ArchiCAD
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Preview of OctaneRender for ArchiCAD

Postby face_off » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:23 pm

face_off Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:23 pm
Are there any plans for an OS X version? I am unsure if the code is very Windows specific, and thus the amount of shared code potential, but in Northern Europe - where ArchiCad is the market leader - this could really become a popular choice.
The Windows and OSX versions of the ArchiCAD API are sufficiently different that I have not been able to get the plugin to compile on OSX (XCode) - despite spending over a week on it. So an OSX version is still possible, but would take quite some effort, and be many months away.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby fatso83 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:06 am

fatso83 Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:06 am
Thanks for replying. Although it might be a long way from ever being completed, there has been an attempt at getting it working, which is promising at least :-)
fatso83

Postby ClayAnderson » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:50 am

ClayAnderson Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:50 am
It is and has been the best BIM platform for a long time. It is not necessarily the best for creating small (aka light weight) files that are photo realistic to walk through but it can be translated to something that does do that. I find the game engines like Unity are far better at creating a space that is more realistic, with physics engines in it. Though Archicad is great as a push button solution for creating imagery, walk-throughs, design documentation, interactive documentation sets (HyperModels), coordination files and wha not. You should just download it, learn it, and use it. Many of the other respondents including myself have used the software for multiple decades and their is nothing else that we prefer or will change to, probably ever, unless we are forced to by career choices.
ClayAnderson

Previous

Return to News & Announcements